How Do I ... ?

MrWiggly

Hi all ...

I have a TV, and a Video recorder, and a "Freeview" box.

I can record programmes showing on the normal TV channels direct from the ariel, but cannot seem to record anything that is coming through the "freeview" box. :blink::blink:

Have tried switching cables and ariels around and re-tuning all units, but still no joy. :angry::angry:

Anybody any ideas ?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Older I get .. The better I was.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to be able to watch your freeview box through the video, without knowing your exact set up, it's difficult to give you exact instructions, but if you plug your aerial into the freeview, then out of the freeview into the video, then out of the video into the telly. Then tune your video (usually on a channel you wouldnt normally use, 6 maybe?) into the frequency of the freeview box, this is a case of trial and error, set the freeview box to a non terrestrial channel then you'll know when you are tuned into the freeview box rather than the analogue signal

Hi Jeeps ... and thanks for reply.

I have tried all combinations of ariel leads and scart connectors, but still cannot get the video to tune in to the freeview box. Also tried swapping channels on TV and Video till I'm blue in the face, but still no joy !! :blink::blink:

There must be a way ....... :unsure::unsure:

if you have twin scart sockets on the freeview box you can also do it that way, aerial to freeview, scart 1 to vid and scart 2 to tv, I think that will work.

If you only have 1 on the freeview but 2 on the vid you can scart from freeview to vid then vid to TV but you'll have to watch freeview with the vid on and the TV switched to the Vid AV. Confused? ....... sorry!

dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

if you have twin scart sockets on the freeview box you can also do it that way, aerial to freeview, scart 1 to vid and scart 2 to tv, I think that will work.

If you only have 1 on the freeview but 2 on the vid you can scart from freeview to vid then vid to TV but you'll have to watch freeview with the vid on and the TV switched to the Vid AV. Confused? ....... sorry!

dan

dan

Sorry did I say that twice?!!

must not double click, must not double click must not ............................................

Hi Jeeps ... and thanks for reply.

I have tried all combinations of ariel leads and scart connectors, but still cannot get the video to tune in to the freeview box. Also tried swapping channels on TV and Video till I'm blue in the face, but still no joy !! :blink::blink:

There must be a way ....... :unsure::unsure:

Has the TV got a scart input? the freeview box will not convert the out put to RF, if you are not using the scart you will find the output as a channel, so pick one that you know isnt on terrestrial TV and you can easily spot, otherwise use the scart and switch AV input?

dan

Hi all ...

I can record programmes showing on the normal TV channels direct from the ariel, but cannot seem to record anything that is coming through the "freeview" box. :blink::blink:

Have tried switching cables and ariels around and re-tuning all units, but still no joy. :angry::angry:

You got PM!

Hi all ...

Hi mr wigley

what make of freeview is it?

panasonic echostar and sony can all be tuned to your tv through rf, most of the other types run solely on AV (auxillary video). Also if it is one of the above ,then make sure the rf is switched on (that will be in the configurations / seiitngs menu on your box)

if there is no rf out ; just loopthrough then scart your freeview to your video then video to tv

then put video to av or line 1 (whichever is the av circuit on your video) and away you go

I see hundreds of these every week in my job.

if you get stuck send me a pm and i talk to through it

hope it helps

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

My Sony TV has three scart sockets and it allows me to send the scart input either of two of these sockets down the 3rd. So Freeview goes into a TV scart socket and as well as appearing on the TV, is directed as channel L1 into the VCR.

I guess this only works with certain TVs though and you have to leave the TV on, or the signal transfer does not happen.

Leighton

Thanks for replies and phone information lads .... still working on it !!

My video box has only one scart lead ...

Will update on progress ....

Cheers !! :thumbs::thumbs: