Is any one getting bored with carp??

Mark Quinney

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose I am lucky.

Live on the Suffolk coast near Felixstowe and have beach, boat, estury and salt water river fishing, commercial carp waters in my village, mixed club water ten mins drive, several small coarse rivers 20 mins drive and the Norfolk broads an hour or two away.

I love fishing and dont care if I am on a beach, by a lake, on a boat or fishing a river.

I use as many methods as I can for as many species as I can.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

jason.p:

just got to find somewhere with mixed fishing now !!

Exactly. Most of our local waters are mainly if not exclusively carp, which is fine for a while, but I'd like to try a good mixed fishery with bream, roach perch etc, just for a change. A coarse river would be nice, but that's not an option :(:(

Where about do you live? There must be a river near you?

Back on topic: Just reading Julian's description made me want to reach for my rods! :D

Personally I like to try a bit of everything (jack of all trades, master of none...) It just depends how I'm feeling. At the moment I'm obsessed with a small river near me (and the chub, roach and perch that live in it) but carp and lakes are still in the back of my mind...........

There's even carp in the river. I may well try and get one too!

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

In a word 'No!'

I always decide in advance what species I want to aim to catch, and go kitted out accordingly.

I reckon carp only accounts for around 30% of my fishing, and I enjoy a session as much as I enjoy any other style of fishing.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Where about do you live? There must be a river near you?

West Wales Bingo. The only rivers (Tywi, Taf, Cothi) are strictly Salmon and Trout. The nearest river or canal is probably two hours away, which makes it difficult to just pop out for a session, which is what I usually have to do. Not really complaining, I did choose to live in this part of the world, which in every other way is perfect :):)

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton

jason.p:

West Wales Bingo. The only rivers (Tywi, Taf, Cothi) are strictly Salmon and Trout. The nearest river or canal is probably two hours away, which makes it difficult to just pop out for a session, which is what I usually have to do. Not really complaining, I did choose to live in this part of the world, which in every other way is perfect :):)

I understand your problem. I live in the south west and it's a similar situation. Nearly all of the rivers in Devon and Cornwall are game rivers too. Thankfully there's the odd canal and river here and there.

I suppose I should take up fly fishing. Once I get a bit of money I'll get some tuition.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

I can understand the problem as well.

Back end of last year I didn't get the same buzz I used to get from catching a Carp, consequently a friend & I decided to have a go at winter Grayling, Roach & Dace.

The tactics used couldn't have been further away from Carp fishing, it was like a blast of fresh air sweeping through the system. The following Summer we moved onto Barbel & Chub but not using light Carp tactics as seems popular now.

We thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of re-learning old techniques, that 'shock horror' are still as good as they used to be, but would you believe it the old enthusiasm for a Cypry is stirring again!

Variety really is the spice of life & using the different techniques for different species has got me looking at Carp rigs with a whole host of new ideas to think about.

This is a multi faceted sport we are involved in, if you're getting bored move on for a while, you may go back to your original species or you may not, but either way you'll be a better & more enthusiastic angler for it.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.