Another petition that is likely to end in tears

Ronessex

I came across this on WSF.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=281865

When the commercial sector finally wakes up and bites back with 'We cannot catch Cod stop the Anglers' it will all end in tears.When are anglers going to wake to the fact that they are being 'Used' by certain people?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this on WSF.

http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=281865

When the commercial sector finally wakes up and bites back with 'We cannot catch Cod stop the Anglers' it will all end in tears.When are anglers going to wake to the fact that they are being 'Used' by certain people?

Some people just cant leave anything alone. They think it's theirs to gamble with as they please.

I did have to laugh, though, because Reg Phillips has given me a special mention in his thread, even though I didn't know anything about it until I read the link above that Ron posted! What a muppet. :lol:

Don't worry, people, your sport is in safe hands, lol. :lol:

Edited by Steve Coppolo

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Old Reg....."With the Angling Trust we can change things, without them we will have no say in the future of angling."

What the hell has Old Reg ever changed?

He told me that the old pretenders of the NFSA have to go.... NOW, and that he has always agreed with Steve on this issue. The AT are better off without them, apparently!

Amazing what a pat on the head from 'Uncle Mike' can do. :lol:

He told me that the old pretenders of the NFSA have to go.... NOW, and that he has always agreed with Steve on this issue. The AT are better off without them, apparently!

Surely it can't be 'that' Reg Phillips?

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

What amazes me with him is that he actually has Charter boats skippers and tackle shops on side actively promoting the closing down of Kingsmere Rocks for the summer season because it is a Bream spawning area....Amazing,I thought they went there because it was comfortable having a sodding great Pinnacle of rock sticking up there arise.

It's incredible what people will actually put there name too without understanding the consequences.

Next he will be getting people signed up for Cod fishing ban from October to May due to fish carrying Roe....Oh no I forgot,they come to visit because the UK is the 'Billy Codling' of holiday spots.

Does 'Reg' actually go fishing or is he one of the 'May go oneday' gang?

From his original post

Reg posts.

Speaking to Ben Godsall Angling Liasion Officer for Balanced Seas, the impression I got was that anchoring on the Kingmere might be prohibited but drift fishing may be allowed to continue. There may also be some kind of closed season during the Bream breeding months ie: May/June, where no fishing is allowed.

I my opinion it is a small price to pay to protect future improved Bream stocks on the Kingmere, don't forget after they have spawned they disperse all long the coast, then some gather together during the months of November and December to winter over the deep channel wrecks. Another thing to remember, during a possible closed season the juvenile bass stocks, wrasse, rays and all other species on the Kingmere will be protected as well.

The charter fleets will adapt to this as they have in the past, and they have always been the first to protect species, moving to other marks once they feel their customers have caught enough of a particular specie. They know there are many rock pinicles that hold bream and I get the impression they will be the first to agree to conservation. Remember, they are anglers too and have told us before that they want to be associated as RSAs, not as commercials.

The charter fleets will be the first in line to be hit with restrictions, permits and we should all help to protect them.

REG

Well that's Jolly good of Reg to be speaking on behalf of everyone again.Not sure where he gets his agenda from mind you.

His last paragraph makes me smile....Just who is he kidding and who's side is he actually on?....I'm a slightly confused.

Edited by Ronessex

I have to return a call to the Balanced Seas mob tomorrow, and when I do I shall be asking a few questions about certain aspects of Old Reg's post.

For a number of reasons, it simply does not stack up.

I'll let you know exactly what was said.

Well that's Jolly good of Reg to be speaking on behalf of everyone again.Not sure where he gets his agenda from mind you.

Yes, Ron, I'm sure everyone will be very grateful when they end up getting shafted. As for the agenda, that will have come from the dark corner where some activists never venture from during daylight, in case they are spotted.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Dear ohh dear, i'm still on holiday at the mo, however as i'm visiting Deen'o' he has kindly given me use of his computer, the sad thing is reading this dirge from our Reg.

Don't know what planet he has moved to, however, barking up the wrong tree may well be furthest from his mind when he writes this cr@p. REG mate, it's not the anglers per say that clear out the stock. Nor is there any evidence to close areas of sea will make any difference, you have lost the plot mate. Reg, when anglers actually get a chance to go breaming, the good educated anglers let the bluey coloured females go back, If you knew the difference Reg i'm sure you would do the same. The charter fleets will never agree to worthless restriction as you point out and why should they. Thats just plain bonkers. Managing for managements sake, close these worthless quangos down.

:doh:

Quote: Rons post.

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..