Post your catch pictures here

Newt

quote:

I don't know the waters off there though

AHA!!I knew that there must be a patch of wet stuff somewhere that you hadn't been. :D

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Introduced a friend,Martin from work to the joys of pollack fishing last night.

He's recently bought a P13(in fact he's had two as the first let in water through the scuppers,and it seems this one leaks as well judging by the amount of water he emptied at the end of the evening! :( )

His first ever pollack:

KIF_1374.JPG

This next fish was a biggie and towed him for quite a distance before it broke away,I was paddling alongside taking the photo's:

KIF_1375.JPG

It was nice to have company for a change,

guess where he's going tonight. :D

[ 03. October 2005, 01:14 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

oh dear i have one of those hope someone with the technical know how looks into a fix for this maybe a procedure of adding some kind of sheet layer in the sides of the scupper holes i hope i dont leak soon

beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

KAYAK :ok scupper pro (green)

launches 2009 1

species caught 1 cod

Don't panic HF.Kayaks and paddles in Plymouth,who sold Martin his kayak,said they've never heard of this before :rolleyes:

So poor Martin is very unlucky but thankfully not disheartened.

I guess(hope) this is apparent from the first trial.You've either got a good one or a sieve!

Jon

I've had a long chat with Johnson's about the leaky scupper problem, not many have suffered the problem, but those who do are quite rightly shouting about it. If you haven't got them your not going to catch them, as far as I'm aware it's not viral. :D

If they leak, first port of call is your supplier, if you get no joy which is highly unlikely, get intouch with Johnson Outdoors. If you get no joy from your supplier let us all know, please.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Musket,

nice evening off the Ebb Rocks then! That is a good place to fly fish for pollack - not too deep, but don't do a Charlie on them (Remember the Hunter's Moon? I helped get her back up!)

Anyone lurking who is thinking of trying to fish the Ebbs without knowing them - they are a bit sneaky, just under the water on neaps and dry on springs. Big kelp beds there with some nice pollack to be found - and ballan wrasse too. Several boats have been lost on them, including that concrete boat the Hunter's Moon - she was sunk but raised and repaired. Charlie, the owner was a local too, he still came a cropper. So be careful.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Simon,

I remember Charlie Elliot!

His son Chris was almost lost whilst fishing with me off Hilsea,he was swept off the rocks by a MASSIVE wave,twice the height he was standing.

A friend of mine (who shall remain nameless DF!)remarked as his friend failed to re-appear"I'm not telling his Dad(Charlie)"Luckily Chris scrabbled ashore on the other side of the point only to be boll****d by his dad for losing his wellies!!!

Small world isn't it. I wasn't using surnames to protect the guilty :D

We used to camp at Hillsea, and Blackstone. Wrasse were the target then.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo