South Wales

kelvindavies11

Sounds like its going to be a good meet :D

I wont be able to make it as my daughter has a ballett show this weekend.

Hopefully there will be many more meets though.

Good luck guys :) Hope loads of pics are taken so I can see what I missed.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speciman,

Wire only for first 12", ust as a biting length, then the heavy mono. Long wire is no good for the fish - if they roll in it it cuts them, and it is horrible to handle for you too - so, short piece of wire then, from the kayak, a length of 50lb - 100lb mono about 5' long - anything longer and it becomes unmanageable on the kayak, you don't want it as long as on a boat - in a boat you can deal with a longer trace. The shorter one doesn't seem to make much difference to catching. Charlie Bartlett often has 50+ tope in a day from the charter boat - but from the kayak if you only caught 10% of that number you'd be happy wouldn't you?

Well done for the other day and thanks for everythig - I still owe you for the bait elastic. In my rush to get off I forgot, (me, forget something, surely not!). I'll see you right.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Looks like I'll be coming up! I plan to head off tomorrow morning which may give me some time to buy or fish for mackeral when I get there. Any tips on locating and catching mackeral in that area much appreciated.

It would be great to catch 100+ fish for us all to use :D:D . I'm bringing my small mountain tent up so no porch space for my fridge. Starvin have you got space left in your fridge if you have one on board ? :D

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Speciman,

Fridge space should be fine, freezer, takes about 2 fish!

It'll be great to meet up at last, wish I was bringing the Caper now so that we could compare notes, never mind, you can have a look see what I did with that noodle joint, before I go public with it. :D

It would be fantastic if you could catch some Mackeral, Simon has mentioned a tackle shop, they may be able to help you when you arrive.

I'm also looking forward to playing on the huge plastic hippo in the swimming pool at the campsite. :D

Thursday night, see ya there. :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Guys,

I was out last night and the mackerel were everywhere...caught a lovely gurnard too as the first fish of the evening...I'd have been happy to paddle back in after seeing him glide away into the deep...however needs must and I now have a fair stock of mackerel to share with those who are short...no pun intended there Starvin!!! :D

I have a 12V fidge I'll be bringing...not very big but should cope...no freezer though!

Not wanting to put a dampner on things...but have you seen the weather forecast. We must have been evil in a previous life!!! Rain all day Friday, Torrential at times (midday 25mm expected) Potential thunder storms!...not a good time to be holding a carbon rod.......but hey on the plus side the wind will be less than 6mph at all times!!! It shouldn't be too much of a problem to the fishing (unless the fish go off the feed) but taking decent pics might be tricky Simon! :(

Anyhow all we can do is play it by ear. Frankly it will be great to see everybody and hopefully we'll get a few good fish into the bargain! :D

I should be there between 8-9pm this evening. I'll PM my mobile to you guys shortly.

I'm off to the tackle shop.

See you later, Art :)

Cheers Art,

Hoping to leave a little earlier to catch the Rush Hour around Birmingham!

Last time I saw a weather map looked like it was all heading east, lets hope so.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Yes do be careful on Friday with the weather. Any thunderstorms that do break out along the front have the potential to be severe with squally winds on top of the torrential rain and frequent lightning. Severe weather is something else I do in my spare time (I'm a director of TORRO - the Tornado & Storm Research Organisation!)...

Got folks over this weekend but might try to get down to see you launch - sounds like you're launching up at the mouth of the Dysinni. What time to you plan to launch & come back in??

Cheers - John

John,

not early start - high water is about 0900 - 0930. So we'll be off after breakfast, I would like to aim for on the waterat about 0830 - 0900 ish. That'll give us time to paddle out and anchor up without too much current to worry about.

Starvin - miss the Birmingham M5/M6 by coming off at J3 and taking the Black Country Route - heading for Telford/ Shrewsbury. Or even go off further down and come up the A49. Look on your map to see it. Might just help you out of a jam :D

Artful - sounds like you have got a bucketful of mackerel. If we put them in a bowl of cold sea water and drape a wet towel over them they will keep reasonably cool - field fridge!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Oh forgot to mention - got pic of Speciman's smoothy - but forgotten how to post it!!!

What's the link chaps? I know it is go-fishing something-or-other.

Ta.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo