Budget 10 weight

singy

Ah, but I do know someone in the US who can post it on to be. Total cost should be about £95.

Sorry to spam. But then I have been mentioned by MJB . The Fulling Mill Gold 10 # is a bloody excellent rod. It Asian built just like the other 90 % of rods today. It feels just likea Sage RPLXi action wise so it does not require a degree in casting ability.Every range of rods has one sweet one amogst them and with the Gold its the 10 # The matt finish is nice it looks similar to a Loomis GLX . I stand here a man fed up with Asian rods but this particular rod stands out to me. It has a lifetime no quible replacement gaurantee too.

£ 90 on yer doors step. Post it back for a full refund but I bet you will keep it!

LINK

Cheers Oz

The link shows the price as £99.95. Are you offering a £9.95 discount to AN members ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I'm looking for a budget 10 weight rod for carp and pike and the odd excursion out after the bass in the old briney. Does anyone have any recomendations?

Cheers Singy

If you want a quality rod at a cheap price and you are not too bothered by fashion I have a 9'3" 10 wt Hardy that I would part with for £50.00. It is one of the early carbon rods so not as slim as later versions but it's a quality item that has landed me some decent pike.

PM me if your interested

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I would bite Barramundi's arm off, he's a good man and knows a thing or two about rods, if your after a bit of Bass on the fly, he's your man as well.

Now that 10wt, any good for Tope, if Simon is going to have a go, I'm damn sure I am :)

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

I would bite Barramundi's arm off, he's a good man and knows a thing or two about rods, if your after a bit of Bass on the fly, he's your man as well.

Now that 10wt, any good for Tope, if Simon is going to have a go, I'm damn sure I am :)

Ive had hundreds of tope on a 10# :yeah:

All on small clousers

Honest Guv

The link shows the price as £99.95. Are you offering a £9.95 discount to AN members ?

Sorry I meant give me a call or an email. The offer stands anyway

OZ

Not pink and white by any chance :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Wow, thanks for all the input. Think I will plump for the Fulling Mill. Like I said in a previous post, I can pick up these rods for £80 (lucky contact in the trade) :)

If I do hook that 40lb carp on it and manage to stop it I will let you all know :)

Another quick question though, I'm using a heavy rod because I need the power (and for pike fishing it needs to chuck big heavy lures) but as for using it for carp fishing, will there be any problem casting a very light 'bait' on such a heavy rod, will it be easy to acheive turn over? And if not, any tips?

Paul Singleton