Keep out of the Water.

Zzippy

Stunning photographs Spanner, those clouds look mean though.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice pics Spanner.

The Loch Sunart pic is very dark and moody - I like it.

Having seen the Friday morning pic I can understand why you were tempted to drop a skate bait down.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

wicked storey man!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Nice one matey :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

i STILL CAN'T WORK OUT HOW TO POST PICS, OTHERWISE i COULD PUT SOME UP OF BOTH sPANNER & sPECIMEN. - and that blasted button was pushed again too!

I had hoped to give your pollack flies a swim Snatcher - but with the force of the wind it wasn't even worth getting the rod out of its tube - time is coming though. I want to get a decent pollock on the fly - and those couple of deep sinkers will do just fine.

Any hints on how to post pics anyone? - Don't go down the url, vhf, mfi, b&q and bar route though - it goes way over my head. I need a SIMPLE, straightforward way to do it (other than posting Specimen a CD and letting him do it!!)

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

i STILL CAN'T WORK OUT HOW TO POST PICS, OTHERWISE i COULD PUT SOME UP OF BOTH sPANNER & sPECIMEN. - and that blasted button was pushed again too!

I had hoped to give your pollack flies a swim Snatcher - but with the force of the wind it wasn't even worth getting the rod out of its tube - time is coming though. I want to get a decent pollock on the fly - and those couple of deep sinkers will do just fine.

Any hints on how to post pics anyone? - Don't go down the url, vhf, mfi, b&q and bar route though - it goes way over my head. I need a SIMPLE, straightforward way to do it (other than posting Specimen a CD and letting him do it!!)

This is how I do it:

The first thing to do is resize your image so that it is less than 100Kb. You will have to work that out for yourself as all picture viewer/editing programmes are slightly different; it depends on what you got with your camera. I use Photoshop so I can only tell you how to do it with that (If you want me to send you a CD of PShop PM me)

Then save your photos (Save As) as a JPEG (if it isn't already done automatically by your picture viewer) in a file in My Documents.

When you are replying or starting a thread on the forum hit the Browse button in the box below where you write your message and this will open up My Documents, choose your photo, hit Add This Attachment

Finally, check the box which will then appear saying something like Add into Message, which puts a thumbnail in the message.

There are other ways, probably better, than this however. e.g picture hosting sites. I have been impressed by the size and quality of some photos posted on this forum. Maybe this would make a good thread if everybody posted their own personal method. Good luck.

If you want a free image viewer/editing package download FastStone Image viewer from www.faststone.org this lets you resize pictures down from your camera resolution to something more suitable for a posting. Once you've shrunk it down you can either add it as an attachment as described or upload it to an image hosting site (basically you have to get it stored somewhere where everyone else can access it) www.photobucket.com is as good as any. Once it's on photobucket (or wherever) you get a choice of three "tags" to use. If you copy the one that starts and ends with [ IMG ]......[ /IMG ] (the full string from bracket to bracket) and paste it into your post then the picture will appear when you select Preview Post or Add Reply.

To post the big ones like I did rather than then the thumbnails I use the gallery on here. I find the post limit too low if I want to post several pics when I use the thumbnail attachments.

Click on My controls up at the top menu bar, and then My Albums under Invision Gallery on the left menu bar.

Create an Album and make sure you tick the box to make it viewable to the public. Then use the Bulk Upload option on the drop down menu under Controls.

Click on the browse and find your picture on your machine. This will need to be sized to less than 100K. I use MS PhotoEditor and resize the width to 5.5 or 6inches.

Once it is uploaded you can view by going to Gallery, top right of the page, then Members Gallery and yours will be the last one in there if it is the first time you have done it. If you look in my gallery you will see the pics I posted.

To place the picture in a post you need to put the complete web addy inside image tags, with no spaces. The image tags are "" at the start and [ /img ] at the end. I had to put spaces between the brackets and the img here to get it to post or else it thinks its a duff message and wont post.

To get the web addy click on the gallery picture you want to post to view it full size, then right mouse click and select 'copy shortcut', then 'paste' it into your post. You should get an addy something like this

"http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/uploads/1138292456/gallery_4086_109_2238.jpg"

so stick that between the tags, with no gaps.

To avoid hopping back and forth between the gallery and the post I open 2 sessions on AN, one in the post and the other in the gallery.

Edited by spanner