114 replies to this topic

#111 Simon Everett

Simon Everett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing and lure fishing

Posted 28 June 2006 - 11:18 PM

Finn 17 - the Pacific Action ones work brilliantly.

Can't someone put back those pictures of George with ours - you lot know what I am like with computers - or is it still on page 1?

If ti si - go and have a look Finn17 - it is what started all this nonsense! Time to get back to the fishing methinks.
Simon Everett
Staffordshire.
Fishing kayaks:
White& Orange Dorado
Olive Scupper Pro
Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks
Red White Skua
White & Orange Duo

#112 kennosen

kennosen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hey lads, been following this thread with interest as I'm keen to have a go at making a sail for the tarpon. My plans are on hold for a few more weeks as I'm off to cyprus with the missus.... but wondered if you might find this link useful, theres some good examples of diy kayak sails. :)

http://www.kayakforu...l?Making_A_Sail

#113 finn17

finn17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, photography, bass guitar.

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:40 PM

Finn 17 - the Pacific Action ones work brilliantly.

It came today, a nice patriotic red, white and blue one :)

It is certainly a quality piece of kit from what I can see. I won't be fitting it for a week or two as it involves drilling holes in my new yak and, although I am happy to do that, I want to double check everything first and ensure my yak is okay before I potentially invalidate the warranty.
Kayak: Tarpon 140 Angler camo

#114 Prowler

Prowler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Kayaking, fishing, scuba diving, photography.<br /><br />http://picasaweb.google.com/JerseyCanon

Posted 30 June 2006 - 09:59 PM

Ahh bloody yachties snobbie nosed bunch, ;) i'm dusting off the 10 ft parafoil tommorow for a laugh my missus will launch it for me (I think she's trying to tell me something), so if you see a kayak with no skipper and some loon flying past your window on the end of a purple parachute you know it's me., it's all your faults I tell you. :bigemo_harabe_net-191:

Edited by Prowler, 30 June 2006 - 10:03 PM.

Photo Gallery
If life is one big joke, I just dont get it.
Sunrise Caper
Sunrise Venus
Sky Blue Prowler 15

#115 Simon Everett

Simon Everett

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts
  • Interests:Fly fishing and lure fishing

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:10 PM

Happy flight Mark!
We are off down to the Trent tomorrow to search out some potential pike marks - public launch, public navigation, tree lined stretch with lillies, no bank fishing because it is too overgrown - sounds like a likely spot to me! Going to take the missus and youngun in the Duo (touring tandem) and one of the solos - hopefully a SOT so I can fish too! Really just a tour day to keep myself paddle fit, go up the river for 15 miles or so and then have a beer and come home agian.....great on a nice day.
Simon Everett
Staffordshire.
Fishing kayaks:
White& Orange Dorado
Olive Scupper Pro
Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks
Red White Skua
White & Orange Duo