Sailing

Simon Everett

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can say that as the owner of a wide yak with a sail ....... well ...... ok so its a dinghy! but trolling for bass under sail is the most effective Ive had, my prob tho is when I hook up, I don't have enough hands!! If you guys do it you'll need to find a way of dropping the sail quick! oh and good luck

How about one of these!

http://www.clcboats.com/boats/sailrig.php

Dan

If your gonna go that far, why not one of these.

16paginag.jpg

16homepageg.jpg

full range of windrider's here

Edited by GB

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

Hi all you sail makers

I'm going to try some alloy tubing, but I really don't think it is up to do the job, I have made the base for the kayak, but it's not very pretty and more on the agriculture side of being butch :(

When I have made the sail I will test it out well before going to the water just in case the alloy tubing bends or breaks I will stop it well before the sail gets damaged.

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Hi all you sail makers

I'm going to try some alloy tubing, but I really don't think it is up to do the job, I have made the base for the kayak, but it's not very pretty and more on the agriculture side of being butch :(

When I have made the sail I will test it out well before going to the water just in case the alloy tubing bends or breaks I will stop it well before the sail gets damaged.

Hiya YakDiver.

Looks like you will be the first to test out the sail :) .

Speiman has just ordered the Pipe and T pieces for the 2 of us.So they should arrive sometime next week.

I think it will be a few more weeks yet b4 we get to test them.

Work is getting in the way at the moment and we have the Tope trip comming up(Weather permitting)

zzippy2.gif

Aluminium works fine on dinghys so no reason why it shouldnt on a yak, but work out how easy it is to drop it quickly if you get into trouble, easing a sail under power isnt always easy. Are you guys going to use a rudder or paddles? What happens if you lose your paddle? what happens if you fall off under sail? Im sure youve all thought about it but make sure you cover any eventuality. Sods law says it will happen.

dan

Here is a pic of one fitted to a Scupper Pro:

image003.jpg

How do you de power under load it in a hurry? any quick releases?

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Aluminium works fine on dinghys so no reason why it shouldnt on a yak, but work out how easy it is to drop it quickly if you get into trouble, easing a sail under power isnt always easy. Are you guys going to use a rudder or paddles? What happens if you lose your paddle? what happens if you fall off under sail? Im sure youve all thought about it but make sure you cover any eventuality. Sods law says it will happen.

dan

How do you de power under load it in a hurry? any quick releases?

Dan

Hiya Dan.

I will be adding a clam cleat each side to grip the 2 guide lines.If I need to I just lift the lines to release from the cleats.

The paddle is always tethered to the Kayak.I will be wearing a divers life line to conect me to the Kayak,plus wear my divers boot knife just incase of any tangles when or If I go overboard and get tangled.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Hiya Dan.

I will be adding a clam cleat each side to grip the 2 guide lines.If I need to I just lift the lines to release from the cleats.

The paddle is always tethered to the Kayak.I will be wearing a divers life line to conect me to the Kayak,plus wear my divers boot knife just incase of any tangles when or If I go overboard and get tangled.

Zzippy

Sensible stuff!! thought you'd have it covered!

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Hi guys

Mess up big time with my sail, firstly the sewing machine played up, and then needles kept on breaking ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I made it in two halves, the window and the top half, when it came to lining them up and sewing them it all went wrong .........so it went in the bin.

I have just ordered some more nylon, I think were I went wrong is making it in two halves, I think the best way would be to make the sail up in one piece and then fit the window on top sew around and then cut out the nylon and use webbing tape to hide the joints, or has any body else have an easier way of doing it.

I'm not going to give up my day job just yet to be a sail maker !!!!

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?