Sailing

Simon Everett

Did anyone buy their sail material from Point North? Have you received it yet?

yes ordered on the Tuesday came Thursday by City link

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the kind of tent poles used in geodesic domes etc will be too flexible. They are strong but very floppy and rely on the geodisic design to provide the 'stability'. I think they will spill teh wind a little too easily.

Heavier, solid, poles like the ones you get in cheaper large 'family' tents will work but they might too heavy.

I'll sit on the fence untill I see you guys get on with yours designs :)

The more I think about it as well the more I realise that I'm not really fussed about assistance downwind, fun but not necessary, and it just means more weight to paddle into the wind... and I'm a little concerned about cramping my fishing space :)

Thinking back it alwasy seems that sod's law governs my paddles as into the wind always seems to be coming back.... so a sail just gives sod a bigger hand by encouraging me to go further downwind in the place.

popped in to woodmill canoes today and had a chat and they are going to try to stock sails in the near future---will let you know of any developments

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

As we are all yakkers now how about the lower half of those redundent beachcasters. Carbon fibre etc. About the right length as well. Just a thought. ;)

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

As we are all yakkers now how about the lower half of those redundent beachcasters. Carbon fibre etc. About the right length as well. Just a thought. ;)

Hmmmm.Nice expensive ZipplexF2 poles :wallbash:

zzippy2.gif

Questions questions questions

On the sail how many controls lines are there, two shock cords ones up on the bow, but on the stern I see two lines running aft is one fixed and the other a control line or are they both controllable

Cheers

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

I can say that as the owner of a wide yak with a sail ....... well ...... ok so its a dinghy! but trolling for bass under sail is the most effective Ive had, my prob tho is when I hook up, I don't have enough hands!! If you guys do it you'll need to find a way of dropping the sail quick! oh and good luck

How about one of these!

http://www.clcboats.com/boats/sailrig.php

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

Right.

I got my sail material now.but I cant find any 15mm pipe anywhere.I have tried The plumb centre and some builders merchants.They have never heard of 15mm E class pipe.The smallest pipe they do is 22mm but it seems very weak.

Is 15mm the inside bore measurement or the external ?

Even the overflow pipe is 22mm.

Has anybody managed to find some pipe yet?

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif