What's the fuss about ?

carl2920

Test a few lengths to make sure it does not break unexpectidly. They may have improved the line but for a while it was the only line Berkley ever made that had a horrible reputation for quality.

That said, folks using it for mainline had the most problems and shorter lengths for leader were usually OK.

How short Newt? I use 9' leaders at present.

Dave

KFF

Target fish: Anything!

I tried Berkely Vanish just once as a fly leader. Wouldn't use it again. Airflo sightfree for me.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Well ive got it now so I will give it a try,:doh:

what was the problem you found Sportsman ? Was it snapping, not turning over or did the fish not like it ? Let me know so I can watch out for it. It looks and feels fine I guess the proof will be when I get it on the water

I will be testing my free louro on Wednesday through to Saturday. Will post a report, one thing I like about is I can actually see it!

Cheers

Dave

KFF

Its rubbish! end of report.

KFF

Its rubbish! end of report.

KFF

Not tried mine yet,but

it does not look that clever-seems a tad thick and wirey :yucky:

think i will be sticking to my Fulling Mill :thumbs:

what was the problem you found Sportsman ? Was it snapping, not turning over or did the fish not like it ? Let me know so I can watch out for it. It looks and feels fine I guess the proof will be when I get it on the water

Very low knot strength IMO

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Very low knot strength IMO

Yes I lost my first fish and fly using the above last week.

KFF

Well Berkely Vanish is fine, the type i bought is gold coloured, i'll not be going back to mono my eyes have been opened :thumbs:

it just seems to connect to more fish maybe it's the colour or the lack of stretching or the way it sinks im not sure, it's just better.

Guys,

Plenty of spit to lube the knot when snugging it down, I havent had too many dramas with it otherwise :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Try a dohmhoff (sorry about the spelling) knot with it various brands do behave differently and a lot of them are brittle Must confess im not a fly angler but I use a lot of FC in other branches the drennan is good but it tends to be stiff the most supple ihave found is the one from korda I dont know how low the bs goes on this though i think its 10lb other good ones ive found were orvis and wychwood ones