All round float rod

RugeleyAngler

Just a 'heads up',

The latest version of the J W Youngs is supposed to come with a 'ready made up rod case'. They seem to be hard to come by at the moment and most sellers ( I have only found on Amazon or Ebay) are selling without the case but of cause you don't know this till it arrives!!. One ebay seller, now it has got to the last one, has raised his price by £300. Strange the Amazon seller is at his last one as well even though his vat number is different. he is hiding his details on Amazon.

So just watch out.

If any one knows of a scrupulous seller that still has them in stock can you pass on the details please?

Best all round float rod I've ever used is a Normark Avenger 11. Slim, Fine in the tip and the power to weight it has put it in a league of it's own. A joy to fish all day with and a joy to get mugged by lumps with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Normark-Avenger-2-/222338875605?hash=item33c46e00d5:g:EkIAAOSw5cNYSIRB

• Like 1

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Best all round float rod I've ever used is a Normark Avenger 11. Slim, Fine in the tip and the power to weight it has put it in a league of it's own. A joy to fish all day with and a joy to get mugged by lumps with.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Normark-Avenger-2-/222338875605?hash=item33c46e00d5:g:EkIAAOSw5cNYSIRB

You know i'd agree with that Brian :thumbs: , the avenger really is the best all round float rod i've ever used, I just can't fault it. It amazes me how cheap they still go for!

You know i'd agree with that Brian :thumbs: , the avenger really is the best all round float rod i've ever used, I just can't fault it. It amazes me how cheap they still go for!

Didn't think it would stick around long at that price. Someone's got a good Christmas pressie.

Didn't think it would stick around long at that price. Someone's got a good Christmas pressie.

I didn't realise it was a buy it now!

Someone has definatly got a nice pressie.

Did you get that reel you where thinking of buying Brian?

I didn't realise it was a buy it now!

Someone has definatly got a nice pressie.

Did you get that reel you where thinking of buying Brian?

No still happily watching Ian. It's not like I'm short of reels, so no need to rush.

I always thought normark was a budget brand ,all my kids got normark match rods in a bundle from some online firm or something for little money ,perhaps they caught on but they were nothing special 25 years ago?!? Or was it 30?

I suppose its down to individual taste i heard in sea fishing terms daiwa moonrakers were the dogs ****s and bought a daiwas moonraker supreme i was not impressed in the slightest and its sits in the loft used less than 5 times

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

You must have too much money Chesters ;) , when the MKII's came out about 15yrs back (I think) they retailed at £399. I can't remember how much the Team Normarks where that preceded them but I think they where similarly priced. Any earlier ones than that and I haven't got a clue how much they cost.

Full price of the 2000 series was around £350 to £360 with them available at about £100 less. The 3000 series were around £450 RRP but this included the 2ft extension which was £65 extra on the 2000 series. The original Team Normarks (Avenger, Titan etc) were around £240 RRP but you could get them for about £180.; The last of the Mk IIs were available at around £200 around 12 years ago; I think that's what I paid for a Microlite II. There were cheaper Normarks including the Kunnans, Vantage etc but even the 1000 series had a hefty price tag.