PAC Statement re Holyhead

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to fall on your sword , than run through the middle with it.

What will become of them?

I know Keith Arthur has enjoyed Nigel's company on his sky TV show several times and considered him a mate, Keith has fought tooth and nail against those that wanted to ban live baiting in Scotland and else where, they stood shoulder to shoulder on this issue, Keith E-mailed me (he's on holiday at present) saying Nigel will probably never appear on his show again, I personally WOULD invite him back.... if only to explain himself!

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

I doubt if he will get any sympathy....nor should he. Is there really anything to "explain"? Apologise yes, but that shouldn't save him from a life ban for bringing the PAC and pike anglers in gereral into disrepute.I hope they get a heavy fine and their gear confiscated. And what about Mr.Williams' sponsorship with Masterline? That ought to cease forthwith, if I were in charge of Masterline I would be livid.

This is the second time that Nige Williams and the PAC has crossed swords over his manic desire for piking glory. Argyll has already penned a relevant comment on the rise and fall of the great and mighty in piking. Perhaps something good will come of it all.

Edited by Peter Waller

yep Nige is a real piking master..he has a phone call telling him a pike wieghing x amount has come out of x water...and he's there the next day set up and fishing.

Not only the carp groups that have a circus.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

There are a few assumptions relating to guilt going on here. I've not seen any actual admission yet, however I expect there will be some sort of further statement at some time, either that or we'll have to wait for the court case.

That being said, if either of the named parties are guilty, then I hope that a life ban from the PAC (at least) follows. The SAA has fought very hard, alongside the PAC, on a number of campaigns regarding Pike angling for a long time. The PAC is a brilliant organisation, which works very hard indeed for it's members (I'm not actually a member at the moment, just observing from outside). A hell of a lot of work has been put in, to ensure that pike anglers will be able to carry on with their LEGAL activities.

The two individuals, if guilty, have probably eradicated a lot of that work. They deserve no sympathy, respect or second (or third) chances. I hope somebody finds a very big book AND THROWS IT AT THEM!!!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

There are a few assumptions relating to guilt going on here. I've not seen any actual admission yet, however I expect there will be some sort of further statement at some time, either that or we'll have to wait for the court case.

That being said, if either of the named parties are guilty, then I hope that a life ban from the PAC (at least) follows. The SAA has fought very hard, alongside the PAC, on a number of campaigns regarding Pike angling for a long time. The PAC is a brilliant organisation, which works very hard indeed for it's members (I'm not actually a member at the moment, just observing from outside). A hell of a lot of work has been put in, to ensure that pike anglers will be able to carry on with their LEGAL activities.

The two individuals, if guilty, have probably eradicated a lot of that work. They deserve no sympathy, respect or second (or third) chances. I hope somebody finds a very big book AND THROWS IT AT THEM!!!

Hi DF , both people have admitted the charge and NW has written a full apology in this weeks Angler's mail. They have both resigned from the PAC as well .

From the PAC statement linked at the top of this thread:

Two members have resigned from the Pike Anglers Club after admitting a gross breach of its code of conduct in an angling newspaper.

Nigel Williams and Gary Banks, both from the West Midlands, told Angling Times they tried to smuggle live roach and carp on board a ferry bound for Ireland.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I am shocked and saddened that such a high profile angler has broken the rules and put back pike fishing for years. the image of greedy stop and nothing pike anglers has been perpetuated and i am afraid this will make matters worse. What on earth was he thinking? will the anlgers mail still employ him. To be honest i hope not. I wil never read anything he ever writes again. after all what advice can he give the novice pike angler? cheat like me. :angry:

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/