Winter Boots

JohnA

I use hotfoots like Rudd, and I've never had cold feet, but they are not ideal for walking long distances (like any welly-based boot really)

I'm now looking for a supplier of replacement liners mine are almost worn through.

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a little tip here re boots with liners....put your foot in a plastic carrier bag before putting the boot on...stops the liner getting smelly and makes the boots easy to get on or off.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

No...it really works; as you may know, I fish several days a week and smelly clothing is a problem, specially waterproof coats and boots, as they are in almost continuous use.

My Sundridge boot liners are almost like new even after a couple of seasons use, but I use tough frezer bags as they don,t tear so easily as ordinary carrier bags.

All I need now is a bag I can wear under my Sundridge Siberian suit :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I read with interest the posts about the Sundridge neoprene Wellingtons. I have used neoprene boot liners before & have found that they kept my feet warm for the first hour or so, but after this, my feet became extremely cold & clammy. I should point out that I am a barbel angler & where I fish at present, roaming does not seem to work well, so I adopt a sit & wait approach. Thus I do not move very much for hours on end & so require a very warm boot so I don’t lose the feeling in my feet!

Talking of cold clammy feet, I used to use Den's plastic bag method to try & keep my feet warm as a kid when wearing wellies. I used to put one pair of socks on, followed by a carrier bag, followed by another pair of socks. I think this was a tip given out by the Angling Times. I must say it never worked for me & my feet used to ache with the cold, but I suppose we did have proper winters in those days.

I would say that the Sundridge Hotfoot is still my current favourite to replace my Skeetex boots, but I have heard from a poster on another site that he has had two pairs of the Hotfoot boots that split at the heel of the boot itself (i.e. not the lining). I would also be interested if spare linings for the Hootfoot & Derriboots are available. With spare liners in mind, I have also been thinking about getting the Ron Thompson or Shakespeare boots, if these are compatible with Skeetex moonboot liners. These boots are both visually similar to the Skeetex boots.