Winter Boots

JohnA

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all that have asked if you can get replacement liners for sundridge boots.

Yes you can.

I have sen them advertised in angling rags but do not have a number to hand.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

poledark:

Just a little tip here re boots with liners....put your foot in a plastic carrier bag before putting the boot on...stops the liner getting smelly and makes the boots easy to get on or off.

Den

Den I take it you mean put on socks, inner (thermal) liner, plastic bag then outer boot.

I have had problems getting the inner into the outer on dark early winter mornings!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

I got a pair of last winter and they are excellent, they are rated for wear down to -20C. Unlike the moonboot type thingys there is no problem walking in them, they perform just like a decent welly boot.

I've tried nearly all the others mentioned above but none of them fit my little short wide feet.

Got mine in Scats, it seemed to be the best deal at £89.

Edit:Fixed the link now, bit rushed earlier and didn't check it properly. :o

[ 12. November 2004, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: ajp ]

quote:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Wytchwood Lunkers - absolutely superb boots!
Eeerm Malc,

quote:

I am now looking to replace my Skeetex boots, with similar thermal “Wellingtons” (i.e. NOT LACED FIELD BOOTS OR WALKING BOOTS).

Rudd, I put the bag on over my socks and then "slip" into the liner,...a little wiggle of the tootsies and the boot is on!! I try not to remove the liner from the boot at all, no need to if it is clean and dry.

If I have to walk any distance then I remove my socks and just put my feet in the bag and then into the lined boots.

Den

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

ajp:

quote:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Wytchwood Lunkers - absolutely superb boots!
Eeerm Malc,

quote:

I am now looking to replace my Skeetex boots, with similar thermal “Wellingtons” (i.e. NOT LACED FIELD BOOTS OR WALKING BOOTS).
Okay, okay = 500 lines:

I must pay more attention.

I m....