Why i am considering giving up sea angling?

stavey

ken said, It would be nice to see them more upfront with their support, but we will not achieve that by calling them names.

Maybe not ken? or should i say probably not, although i have spoken my mind in my cruel and insulting way as you say, i was kind of hoping that maybe, just maybe? i could provoke some sort of responce from some of these people they where aimed at.

Perhaps through my niavety of how to put a message across i have failed in this case, the language i choose and the way i use is it i am afraid is all i have, most of my letter writing is and has been done in a polite manner,ie, please/thank you/ and although this is the normal way of doing things i have found them to be none productive.

Ok so i hit a bit below the belt sometimes and people dont like it but it gets a reaction? and helps to get a foot in the door that would otherwise be forced shut at all times to those who may put things a little softer.

Ken the way you put things leaves me thinking your a general all round good egg and thats good for campaigning and putting one's point over, i ain't got no problem with that, but we all can not be the same and its not always a productive way to be , sometimes it takes to extremes to make an equal, as long as we want the the same basic results.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stavey, before you give up. Why not come to Stronsay (Just carry on through Scotland and keep going).

We need an experienced angler to help us on our species hunt from both shore and beach and help us with our casting techniques.

Stronsay is surrounded by fish ranging from large Porbeagle to good size Dogfish. Halibut, Skate, Large (Never fished for) Plaice. Millions of Pollock and Coalfish, Red Cod and Mackerel.

I know they aren't fish but we also get Killer Whales and the seascapes are fantastic.

All we can promise is, you will enjoy yourself and rediscover why you loved fishing.

Bob

stavey:

ken said, It would be nice to see them more upfront with their support, but we will not achieve that by calling them names.

Maybe not ken? or should i say probably not, although i have spoken my mind in my cruel and insulting way as you say, i was kind of hoping that maybe, just maybe? i could provoke some sort of responce from some of these people they where aimed at.

Perhaps through my niavety of how to put a message across i have failed in this case, the language i choose and the way i use is it i am afraid is all i have, most of my letter writing is and has been done in a polite manner,ie, please/thank you/ and although this is the normal way of doing things i have found them to be none productive.

Ok so i hit a bit below the belt sometimes and people dont like it but it gets a reaction? and helps to get a foot in the door that would otherwise be forced shut at all times to those who may put things a little softer.

Ken the way you put things leaves me thinking your a general all round good egg and thats good for campaigning and putting one's point over, i ain't got no problem with that, but we all can not be the same and its not always a productive way to be , sometimes it takes to extremes to make an equal, as long as we want the the same basic results.

:cool: Spot on, everyone to his own, we're all individuals and we all have our own way of doing things. Some may not like another's way but thank God we're not all the same, wouldn't life be boring if we were. :D

cheers norm, when i mention magazines not doing enough" that of course does not in no way mean your excellent publication, keep up the good work.

Now gentlemen i am off to do my bit for africa. ceo tutti.....

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Bob on Stronsay:

Stavey, before you give up. Why not come to Stronsay (Just carry on through Scotland and keep going).

We need an experienced angler to help us on our species hunt from both shore and beach and help us with our casting techniques.

Stronsay is surrounded by fish ranging from large Porbeagle to good size Dogfish. Halibut, Skate, Large (Never fished for) Plaice. Millions of Pollock and Coalfish, Red Cod and Mackerel.

I know they aren't fish but we also get Killer Whales and the seascapes are fantastic.

All we can promise is, you will enjoy yourself and rediscover why you loved fishing.

Bob

:cool: Perhaps through these pages an AN team could come and sample the fishing off your shores. All it would take would be some accommodation/food arranged, a boat or boats and a good tide and sunshine. We'd catch lots of big fish, I, or one other the blossoming writers to be found on AN, would write the story, take the pictures and I'd do a feature, go for it. :D

Stavey. Don`t give up just because your favourite species has hit a bad patch.

Why not try for something else, even if you have to travel further?

`Cos, the minute you give up and sell your tackle. You`ll start seeing reports of better fishing. Sods law!!

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

give up..........i'm only just starting had it been years ago and witnessed a huge decline.....

ive had my best days fishing when i havent caught a thing i find the sea the greatest resolution to all there is

you would miss it like a amputated hand :D:D:D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Guest conger tamer

stavey

i gave up 10years ago what a mistake 4 years later i started again as i missed it so much,rebuilding my gear cost a mint (what a mug i was) dont make the same one mate

Speaking to a mate at Bangor Uni Marine biology station who may have given me the answer to why the fish are so late here, about 4 to 5 weeks is my guess. Apparently there is an algae that the sandeel eat that is late putting in an appearance this year. This means the sandeel are late and the macks are late shoaling up........

Could be something in it, may be bull but the sandeels were late showing on the banks and fish are late here in my home waters.