£8 for 2 hours!!!!

me

Around my area there aint much trout fisheries.And i ain't been trout fishing for ages. So I found this fisherie. It was £8 for two and an extra £3 to keep the fish! That's a rip off.

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

Nathan, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate here, because I wouldn't fish a put-and-take trout puddle in any circumstances, but is £8 really too much for two hours of entertainment?

If I walk down to my local for a few pints and a chat for a couple of hours, I can guarantee I won't be bringing home any change from a tenner.

And I note that you state "MUFC are the best". Assuming you aren't a member of the Middlewich Ukrainians Fishing Club, I guess that means you're a Manchester United Fan. In which case I'm sure you can inform us all how much it would cost to stand in the Stretford End of Old Trafford for 90 minutes of entertainment...

It would be interesting, though, if football fans coould pay an extra £3 to knock a couple of their brethren on the head. Put-and-take victims, if you like. Affordable soccer hooliganism, eh?

Perhaps soccer fans should get themselves organised along the lines of the canoeists and insist on a right to fight, wherever they like. Even in politicians' front gardens.

In fact, wouldn't it be wonderful if everybody insisted on a right to do whatever they wanted, whenever they wanted, regardless of whether it's legal or whether it upset other people's legitimate enjoyment. It's not a new concept – it's called anarchy.

Welcome to Britain 2004.

Fenboy

fenboy:

It would be interesting, though, if football fans coould pay an extra £3 to knock a couple of their brethren on the head.

who would collect the money though?

£8 for fishing a trout puddle is, i would have thought, about the going rate.

your post isnt clear though nathan £8 for two what, hours?, fish? but as colin says, you have the choice, if you dont think its worth it, dont go. i'm sure there are lots of nice places to fish near you that cost next to nothing, cheap club books and free stretches of river for example.