Conservation ? what a joke....

Cranfield

Guest jay_con

Cant argue with that wurzel. By all accounts Haddock are doing well and im led to believe the research backs it up. But are they palegic? Jaffa believes the palegic species are doing well. Last I hered of Makeral things werent looking too clever??? Or are things looking better now? I once read a snippet saying that Haddock had learnt to escape from the nets - did anyone else see that.

Shame these Haddock dont come to the shore for us to have a bash at them. I here they are most tasty.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wurzel:

1720 boxs of mainly haddock from 9 days fishing by a single boat, not a pair team. Stocks" best for a decade" says skipper after bumper trip (fishing news).

One boat makes a decent catch and it's front page news in the National fishing paper!!

Hmmm!

Tight Lines - leon

[ 07. August 2005, 01:55 PM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Guest jay_con

Leon Roskilly:

Leon Roskilly:

1720 boxs of mainly haddock from 9 days fishing by a single boat, not a pair team. Stocks" best for a decade" says skipper after bumper trip (fishing news).

One boat makes a decent catch and it's front page news in the National fishing paper!!

Hmmm!

Tight Lines - leon

I can here the cogs of the propaganda machine as they turn.

Guest jay_con

Jaffa:

Jaffa:

Jaffa:

The hate that is directed towards commercial fishermen on this board is beyond belief sometimes. :(

Chris

As for fishermens organisations being broke - Give your head a shake . Take a look at some of the names attached to these bodies (not naming any specifically) . Amongst them are the fat cats we have discussed many times before.
Maybe we both need to give our head a shake Why do you assume that whats happened in your area is true for the whole country? And tell me this - who put the rules in place that destroyed fishing communities up and down the east coast?

What makes you think im specifically talking about my area Jaffa?? That guy with all the over quota makeral is from your doorstep not mine, and those undercover journalists I speak of ??? Where was it they did thier covert observations?? Yorkshire??? I dont think so.

How is the Makeral situation these days ?? Have they learnt to swim through the nets yet?

MLD says

Vanishing species ,Sole, Plaice, Flounder, Cod, Coalfish, Bass.

Not so, Bass are increasing, soles are plentyfull as are coalfish, plaice,flounders and cod might be down but are deffently not vanishing, in fact cod in my area have increased a little this year.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest jay_con

Coalfish??? Just locally speaking they dissapeared from our shoreline almost completely about 7 or 8 years ago. I still cant figure out what happened to them. They were once a pest but just dissapeared overnight. There have been reportedly a lot of small coalies or billets as we call them this year.

You say cod have increased Wurzel? I thought the water would be far to warm down there these days. How do you know they have increased? Have you had a better year (which could be down to luck?) or have you some objective evidence?