Conservation ? what a joke....

Cranfield

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big cod,

If it is crap how come he landed 1720 boxs of fish from 9 days of fishing,single boat as well. Peterhead market has recevied record landing 2 weeks running, all this from a North Sea with no fish in it!

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest jay_con

I guess it comes down to wether the powers that be side with fishermen (and thier hidden but very transparent agenda and all the propaganda that comes with that package) or The scientists who apparently know sod all about the north sea - according to those with thier hidden but oh so transparent agenda. Roll on December, fingers crossed for a sensible outcome, but given past experiences Bradshawe will bottle it again.

Guest jay_con

I guess perhaps before recent increases in enforcement a lot of fish would go unnoticed whereas now its going through on the books??? Perhaps that could be an explanation for what appears to be increased catches.

In making that statement I do not attach it to any person or port in particuler. It is a general statement. Just a guess really but if the screws are turning on the black market I guess it could be true.

Worzel ask the skippers up here if the sea is full of fish i think when they read the fishing news they will pee themselves laughin,i think the top end of the north sea may be an exeption as it gets a big help from the atlantic but the fishing news come on if they had there way they would have us anglers lined up and shot.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Big cod I've never read anything anti anglers in the fishing news.

@summer@ you are probably right for once, more fish is going through the markets due to strictor enforcment,the boats are being forced to pay fat cats for more quota, £50,000 per year for the average white fish boat.

So what would you concider a sensible out come at next Decembers fishery meeting?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Guest jay_con

Right for once??? Lol I think if you were honest you would score me higher than that.

Following the advice of the scientists would be a start. Last winters proposals of closed zones for me was a great idea.

----------------------------------------------------

I agree with what big cod said about the pair trawl wires. Most fish that swim between the 2 boats wires dragging the net will eventually end up in that net no matter how small the net may be.

Guest jay_con

wurzel:

Big cod I've never read anything anti anglers in the fishing news.

@summer@ you are probably right for once, more fish is going through the markets due to strictor enforcment,the boats are being forced to pay fat cats for more quota, £50,000 per year for the average white fish boat.

So what would you concider a sensible out come at next Decembers fishery meeting?

Just starting to see the odd anti angler comment creeping in Wurzel. Ive read some things on bass fishing that certainly made me think the southern commercials are feeling a bit disgruntled. They think that the authorities are paying far too much attention to anglers who know nothing about the "real" situation.

-------------------------------------------------

So if im right wurzel and increased landings is due to everything going through on the books. Just how much fish has gone through unrecorded over the past 5 years???? I guess they are now only putting through what thier quota allows for?? so perhaps they have been taking this amount of fish or even more every week for the past 5 years or even longer?????? No wonder the bloody sea is like a desert. They deserve everything that is happening as it is of thier own making.

Pair trawling to my mind isnt a substainable method of fishing, it takes to much to quickly.

Far better to use gills drifted. They are normally worked from smaller boats so the catches are less there for the stocks last longer, giving them time to replenish. Bass, mackeral, herring, scad, and many other palagic and non palagic fish can be targeted with gill netts, if the mesh sizes and MLS are sensible then the fishery should be substainable.

If you take fish quicker than they can breed and replenish then surely it makes sense that they will be wiped out.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!