Blanking, Popular word in here...

Spur-Hound

Hi Folks,

just back from a trip to Loch Etive, And as the topic suggests, Yes i blanked(3rd in a row) :(:( But my mates caught some good fish for the shore, so i thaught ide let you know,

We fished On the same shoreline of etive as the priory last night, My MAte gareth got the only spur, bieng 4.5lbs, He also got a 4lb thornie shortly after, He had some of his mates with him too, ANd they had a few thornies, and one of them caught an 11lb conger, Thats totaly unheard of from the bottom of etive..!!(Dercember...WTF is going on ere???) Anyway last cast Gareth got the biggest Thornback ray ive seen in the flesh, It was just shy of 8lb, Made my night realy, Though i woulda still liked a fish, Ach well, Tleast i wasnt the only one for a blank

DAVY/NORRIE Just to rub the salt in the wound, demon :o The weather wasnt to bad at all up there, Ok so a bitter easterly breeze(not too strong) But the water pretty calm, ANd Clear skies, Although quite abit of snow was on the hills and on the side of road around tyndrum!!

Pretty much an echo of last year i fear, Where i hardly had a fish for 3 months through the end of winter. Nooooo

Shaun (useless..But not giving up)

Tight Lines

Shaun

Nice to see a report of fish being caught Spur-Hound.Keep it going!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Was a good enoyable night, Does get up my wick at times when i just canny catch a fish tho.. :) Does make it enjoyable at least when folk you are with are catching a few, Most frustrating thing was, Everyone else(even those who also blanked) was getting half hearted spurdog runs, and bites, I couldny even get that, Personaly i think my mate put me on a duff spot :D:D Iether that or Kenny from here put a curse on it, As i was on the exact bit he had his fish from the other night,

Heres to the next blank, :)

Tight Lines

Shaun

followed by session after session of loads of catches

tight lines mate

had somme crackin' nocks last time out from big balls of kelp :D

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

The fish were probably trying to avoid lead poisoning in that area - due to the amout of rigs that I lost on Wednesday night

That's a pity that you blanked though :( - I had a few nice fish from that area. Sounds like the pack of spurries that have been around in the past week have moved on

[ 19. December 2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: KennyC ]

Spur-Hound:

Hi Folks,

just back from a trip to Loch Etive, And as the topic suggests, Yes i blanked(3rd in a row) :(:( But my mates caught some good fish for the shore, so i thaught ide let you know,)

Do you by any chance use a petroleum jelly based soap at the end of a day's work? If you do, that could well be the reason for you blanking when others are catching fish. Whether you use soap like that or not, try giving your hands a real good five minute scrub with a brush and an ordinary soap before you leave home and try to avoid putting petrol in your car on the drive to the venue. That might just make the difference.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Guest jay_con

it was our christmas match today, I blanked too. lots of bites but I couldnt get any of them. Lost 1 good fish half way in. My freind who had been fishing somewhere else came and fished next too me and immediately pulled out 2 cod for about 9 pound which won him the sweep of over a hundred pound. The luckiest thing is he woulnt have won at all if the guy with the best bag of fish had actually entered the sweep.