Shop bought rag..

KennyC

I have just spent 3 x £3.25 on tackle shop bought rag worm ( £9.75 ). On examining the rag 5 worms are 'alive' the rest are a decomposed 'mush' should complaints be raised at the tackle shop or the supplier?

So is the problem supplied worms , transportation or storage??

Kenny, Dont know where you got them, but, I would take them straight back to where you got them, I had the same problem with a shop that shall remain nameless, happened twice.complained like a mad thing..then didnt happen again, in fact, I open it before I leave the shop...and have had a great relationship with the shop since ... :D:D . I think there is a "best before " thingy with them, any more than a few days and they are dead....I have even tried putting them in Sea water...they still died.... :(

Now the good news, youre dead worms are cheaper than my dead worms, I'm paying £3.60 for them.....

[ 18. September 2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Kenny, I think i can guess where you got em, Remember my trip to dundde, Same rag, Same amount 10 quid odds, they wer a pile of sheeite, I couldt take them back on that instance, no time, But ide be glad to see how that turns out!!!! And mention my mushy worms 2

Will you be fishing tomorow, I here theres a few turbot around

Shaun

I might join youse now that ambles off...

Tight Lines

Shaun

Are these worms them things in a box covered in vermiculite? One of my local tackle shop sells them, you get very few for your money and quite often some are dead. I think theyre boxed by a company called sea bait.

The other tackle shop here sells them by weight. He keeps them in his fridge and weighs them out whilst your there. this way you get to see if their alive too. Plus you get lots for your money. Im not sure where he gets these worms from, but theyre good, And you catch fish on them.

The solution is to open the packet before you pay for them (as mentioned) the reason could be that they are farmed worms and have been transported over from Holland:-( so take a bit of a hammering.

Not much help but check em out FIRST.

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

if its any consolation kenny i have found rotting seabait ragworm tipped with mackerel THE best flounder bait at belhaven, the mackie even brings the odd turbot too

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the center of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

WalkingPinhead.gif

Seabait Ragworm

I have dealt with the company direct and find the Rag Worm to be in tiptop condition when received.

When dealing direct the cost of delivery, to your door, can put a lot of fishermen off.

When I order, it is for a number of anglers so transport costs are spread. This way it is cheaper than buying from a tackle shop.

If you are alone and buying from your tackle shop, ASK how often do they take delivery, therefore assuring you that the ragworm are fresh.

If, as stated earlier that, some ragworm are dead, at the next visit to your bait outlet tell them you expect to receive good fresh bait for your money and if you don’t then take your custom elsewhere. Most honest bait dealers will take notice. Remember they need you like you need them.

SEABAIT is a company that farms Ragworm, it is situated in Woodhorn Northumberland and uses the hot water outlets of the Alcan Power Station at Lynemouth to produce the worm.

There is another company that I have heard of but not had any dealings, maybe they would be worth a try. DRAGON BAITS, situated somewhere in Wales.

Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

you get very little for your money with sea bait, perhaps as few as 10 worms in a box.

Ill ask my tackle shop where he gets his rag from. For about 2.50 you get a lot of good worms.