Kayakfishing chat.....

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

I went with a 'soft roof rack' designed for carrying multiple surf boards but worked ok with my kayak. Easy to install, the straps go through the car doors and attach inside. Cheaper option than full price metal roof racks.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, the Yak board you have linked to is designed for fun in the surf. Its very short(not designed for any kind of distance) and would not be suited for kayak fishing. Look to get a yak between 11-15 foot in length. However, bear in mind the longer the kayak the harder it will be to manage- it will probably be heavier too.

If I had the space the new Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 angler edition would be top of my list. A few of the guys here have ordered them.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Ed, can't see where it says £300 on there? If its £300 brand new I'd snap it NOW! lol I got mine from there an ex-display Caper anglers edition for under £300.

[ 06. March 2005, 06:10 PM: Message edited by: Speciman ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

is any one fishing inflateable yaks ive been using mine for 3 years didnt occure to me for 2 years to fish with it untill last year!what a waste but im fishing with it now and loving it,its a white water style thing bit to high in the water for fishing wish i could get some more weight under the water was thinking of maybe a flooded drain pipe that will drain coming out of the water though a type of bilge ball in it any one got any ideas?

its a forrel its an early inflateable ive seen far better since but like i say it started life as a toy.im working on the posting pics bit been a wile since i used a computer will try a post some pics tommorro.

i want the weight under the water because it rolls very easy im allways falling out of it,had to buy one of those things surfers use to keep it near by when i was out its hard work swimming after it some timesits just very light in the water and it needs a bit more stability in the sea it may get stabliser floats soon need to fix it really its better to stay safe. the tubes start from 10inc down to 3inc