Kayakfishing chat.....

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angus......easey......its in Scotland somewhere :P:D .

The name was given to the town in honour of a famouus battle , in 1760.

Apparently one of the lairds of that time conspired with the enemy.

They searched and searched for the traitor , from glen to glen.

One lowly soldier found him.

He took the traitor to his general.

The soldier explained the hardships he had suffered to find his foe.

The General listened with susspision to the lies.

He ordered the execution of the soldier and the Laired.

The sorry pair pleaded for mercy , crying at the top of their voices...please...dont "ANGUS"

So there you have it , I know more than you thought. :D

YY :)

OMG this is going to be so easy :D

You live on a heavily fished coast where you need to worry what colour your yak is....

I live in codland where if i spot three boats in a day its the rush hour....

You will lose m8; my pb to date is a 8lb cod but i reckon there are still a lot more 10lbers here than silvery ones in the channel.

Matt, Help!

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Well you see Jaffa , I like all that traffic.

The noise in generates pushes the Silver bars towards the rocks and gullies seeking safety.

The said traffic , dare not venture to my position, above those rocks and gullies , so I have the pick of the Silver. :D

8lb.......8lb......you have no shame man.

How can you admit to such fry.

You actualy dream of 10......sigh.....such easey weights to match , even easier to beat.

A sad day awaits you. :D

YY :)

Watched day #1 of a team endurance race. 65 teams of 4 persons. First leg was a 51 mile ocean section with 2 person sit-in kayaks. The top few teams made it in around 10 hours paddling. They were making their way around some of the San Juan islands off the coast of Washington, NW United States.

I don't think any of them stopped to fish though.

BTW - that stringer design (with the wire loops) is designed so the wire loop goes through the fish's lower lip in the thin skin just below the bony mouth ridge. Makes a small puncture that does basically no harm to the fish.

[ 27. February 2005, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Jaffa - mention 'stringer' in the UK and a coarse angler who knows fancy rigs thinks of PVA string and a bunch of baits threaded on it.

Mention 'stringer' in the US and 99.999% of anglers will think of a device for holding fish.

A search on http://www.basspro.com for the word stringer produced 14 hits. Here are the first 8.

Posted Image

A search on www.catfishconnection.com (a little less fancy site) and

Posted Image

I started fishing before I was 2 years old. From my earliest memories, a stringer was as standard as pole, bait, paddles, and bailing can (we fished from wooden boats that leaked a bit).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yak- what is the dayglow box for? Couldn't translate the code!!

Another question- can you buy a set of wide wheels to tow your yak down to the beach on- was thinking by hand not car?

Have a friend buying a house near to the beach, but a little too far to just carry.

B.A.S.S. member