metcheck.com

Jonah13

how much faith can be put into metchecks fishing forecast? does anyone on here use it regulary?

was going to go fishing tomorrow but the forecast says "average", but for saturday in my area metcheck says "best", would it be rude to ignore this hint?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there's a few fans of Metcheck on here! I'm a bit more sceptical - I'm going fishing tomorra and have (in my usual way) keeping a very keen eye on the forecast since Monday - the degree to which it has kept changing on Metcheck form one 6hour period to the next beggars belief!

Having said that I can think of a couple of recent occasions when Metcheck has been spot on (and has been in disagreement with the Met Off.)

Just goes to show it aint an exact science...

C.

[ 10. February 2005, 12:09 PM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

This may sound a bit simple Jonah but Im afraid I am! The best way to see how acurate a source of weather casting is is to simpley compare the results over a period of time.As an example here in the Souith East I have found that the BBC forcast is extremely acurate as long as you wait another 24hrs! ie what they give for Monday is never right but it comes about on Tuesday! By watching how a sources forecast actually matchs up patterns often emerge enabling you to have a more accurate picture.I personally still put my faith in the barometer. :)

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Click on the area you're looking for, ie, London, Essex, etc. Then scroll down the page until you see a heading on the left hand side saying 'Hobby Forecast' and you'll see Fishing Weather underneath it. Click on that and it'll give you the next few days weather with the 'catch' chances on the right hand side.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I'm a little confussed (have been for 40 yrs now..lol)for my area metcheck says best on satdee yet the winds are around 30mph and from the westnorthwest? I thought a light south westerly was what we like/require? or is it simply because the pressure in mb is a lot lower on satdee and the air temp is also warmer?

like chris plumb said before it isn't a precise science but then neither is fishing

sod it i'll go both days and find out for myself :):)