Countryside Alliance and FACT in the dock.

trent.barbeler

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Liam,

"Ah ha! But I support Angling, Lee supports the Countryside Alliance"

A perfect example of how wrong Peter can be.

Lee does not support the Countryside Alliance. I am not a member. Yet.

If I do join CA, I won't keep it any quieter than Peter does his dislike for said organisation. Now that will make for interesting correspondence from either sides of the line?? Almost worth me joining the Countryside Alliance so we can dual at dawn. Oops forgot. Peter can’t come to the dual because he’s unable to join FACT as an individual member. Just a 12th rate member one millionth removed who pays now’t and gets now’t.

Regards,

Lee.

'Tis not I that pens FM "Carbelling" what ever it is'

My mistake. It's a very readable set of articles based around barbelling on the Trent, carp style, in direct conflict with the Barbel Police directive 177767.

Anyone need their a**e scratching? :D:D:D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Dear Peter, and All,

I have in front of me, a membership application form from the Countryside Alliance received two days ago. It came from the Wessex Regional Recruiter for the CA in the form of a colour pamphlet professionally embellished with all the relevant info inside.

The standard "individual" "single" CA membership costs £45 a year. Four and a bit times the amount for SAA membership at a tenner! Blimey. CA membership isn’t cheap. But what do you get for your 45 quid?

1, Free subscription to the CA quarterly colour newsletter "Campaign Update" including "events update".

2,Comprehensive insurance package.

a, £5 million public liability insurance.

b, £5 million products liability insurance.

c, £30,000 personal accident disability.

d, £15,000 accidental death cover.

3, Invitations to events and gatherings.

held regionally for members only.

4, Weekly email news updates (optional)

5, Members only car sticker and badge.

6, Dedicated insurance hotline.

7, Free 24 hr general advice hotline.

8, Free legal advice hotline.

9, Right to Vote on annual board elections.

10, Special negotiated discounts on a range of products and services.

Blooming heck!! That’s quite a lot for your £45. Don't forget they also have a very professionally run website that is updated daily.

Now this thread "IS" about the Countryside Alliance and FACT being in the "dock".

What does FACT offer that compares to the CA package? Come to that, what does any of the orgs in FACT offer their members????? Can any of them begin to touch the Countryside Alliance in terms of their membership packages???

Regards,

Lee.

Dear Slodge,

I remember years back, starting to label certain types of angler along the Trent as being "Carbel" anglers. Done so because when asking these anglers what they were fishing for they would simply reply "carp or barbel". From memory, the only time I ever went into print with this label was in a article done for the Barbel Catchers Club magazine "Barbus".

Did the name stick or were there others thinking along the same lines? Spooky.

Regards,

Lee.

slodger:

Seeing as the 'Alpha male' on this forum doesn't seem to acknowledge mine and several others existence....     :rolleyes:    

Been there.

Lee once posted a lengthy post about "free angling for all" whilst crowing about his purchase of a private field somewhere along The Trent.

I asked him about the contradiction. No reply.

He only troubles himself with in-fighting, ideally with PW.

When it comes to TB, save your breath, slodger.

[ 24. March 2005, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: GlennB ]

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

lee,

The CA package does indeed appear to be value for money. In fairness to the guys behind FACT, it is only just getting off the ground. I share your scepticism to a degree but I guess they deserve a chance. Time will tell.

Just a thought. There wouldn't be any reason for a concerned angler to consider pledging allegiance to both organisations would there?

I was actually quite miffed about the SAA decrease from £20 to £10 a year. Perhaps I'm being a trifle petty, however I did momentarily consider dropping my subscription for a couple of years to allow the tight wads, they were obviously pandering to, to catch up with my contribution level. :rolleyes:

I'm running for the shelter now. :D

Slodger (Chris Hammond.)

'We should be fishin'

Dear Slodge,

I was at the meetings prior to the SACG/NASA merging into the SAA and at the SAA inaugural meeting. I always thought that £20 was a fair price to pay. I think that £10, a 50% drop in SAA subs was made for a very good reason. I admit that I am not privy to the reason for the drop so won't speculate but say that £10 for SAA membership remains very good value.

Glen,

"Been there.

Lee once posted a lengthy post about "free angling for all" whilst crowing about his purchase of a private field somewhere along The Trent.

I asked him about the contradiction. No reply.

He only troubles himself with in-fighting, ideally with PW.

When it comes to TB, save your breath, slodger."

My "purchase" or involvement therein was explained later Glen. It was not prudent to answer you at the time. "Silence is sometimes golden" said Steve Pope. Sometimes Steve is right. Sorry to have miffed you Glen. It was not intentional.

In-fighting with PW? Why not? It’s most exhilarating and keeps the blood in my old veins flowing.

Regards,

Lee.

I have in front of me, a membership application form from the Countryside Alliance received two days ago. It came from the Wessex Regional Recruiter for the CA in the form of a colour pamphlet professionally embellished with all the relevant info inside.

The standard "individual" "single" CA membership costs £45 a year. Four and a bit times the amount for SAA membership at a tenner! Blimey. CA membership isn’t cheap. But what do you get for your 45 quid?

1, Free subscription to the CA quarterly colour newsletter "Campaign Update" including "events update".

2,Comprehensive insurance package.

a, £5 million public liability insurance.

b, £5 million products liability insurance.

c, £30,000 personal accident disability.

d, £15,000 accidental death cover.

3, Invitations to events and gatherings.

held regionally for members only.

4, Weekly email news updates (optional)

5, Members only car sticker and badge.

6, Dedicated insurance hotline.

7, Free 24 hr general advice hotline.

8, Free legal advice hotline.

9, Right to Vote on annual board elections.

10, Special negotiated discounts on a range of products and services.

Blooming heck!! That’s quite a lot for your £45. Don't forget they also have a very professionally run website that is updated daily.

Now this thread "IS" about the Countryside Alliance and FACT being in the "dock".

What does FACT offer that compares to the CA package? Come to that, what does any of the orgs in FACT offer their members????? Can any of them begin to touch the Countryside Alliance in terms of their membership packages???

Come on Peter. Don't tell me you can't answer the above??? I know its a pearler but try at least?

Regards,

Lee.