still no mullet!!

manxlad

Guest sslatter

Cracked it! A new PB of 4 lbs 14 oz from the same spot where I lost a fish yesterday. This one went like a train out into the main river, and best part of half an hour later, it was in the net. Yesterday? Sick as a parrot. Today? Over the moon! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAH!

NB Fish caught on 5lb b.s. mainline with 4lb b.s. leader; 5 BB Drennan pin Avon, fished 12 foot deep tripping the bottom within 3 feet of high water; hook size 6 (Drennan specimen barbless); breadflake.

Good luck with your driving test, Chippy! Knock 'em dead! (No..on second thoughts, don't knock 'em dead..oh sheesh..you know what I mean. :) ).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

A totally unbelievable day. Not only do I catch a new PB in the morning, not only does one of the local mulleteers give me 4 floats he’s made for me, and not only does one of the brilliant, wonderful and kind people on Anglersnet offer me a Leeds pin free gratis (cheers again mate, you are a total STAR :) ) but I’ve just got back from fishing the last hour before dark at my local hotspot, and I hooked a second PB-of-the-day within a minute of casting in!! Half an hour later, my biggest mullet to date of 5lb 6oz! Two PBs in a day! And Friday the 13th to boot! I’m going to lie down now and pinch myself, ‘cos I must be dreaming. Amazing stuff. I think I’d better do the lottery tomorrow. Unbelievable.

[ 13. June 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Graham X:

A totally unbelievable day. Not only do I catch a new PB in the morning, not only does one of the local mulleteers give me 4 floats he’s made for me, and not only does one of the brilliant, wonderful and kind people on Anglersnet offer me a Leeds pin free gratis (cheers again mate, you are a total STAR :) ) but I’ve just got back from fishing the last hour before dark at my local hotspot, and I hooked a second PB-of-the-day within a minute of casting in!! Half an hour later, my biggest mullet to date of 5lb 6oz! Two PBs in a day! And Friday the 13th to boot! I’m going to lie down now and pinch myself, ‘cos I must be dreaming. Amazing stuff. I think I’d better do the lottery tomorrow. Unbelievable.

F A N T A S T I C

Congratulations Graham! :):):)

(Mind you, you know that you are now hooked on mullet fishing for life now!)

Tight Lines - leon

(ps Shouldn't we be getting one of the techies to change the title of this thread now? :) )

[ 14. June 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Leon Roskilly ]

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Oh dear, I think i'm having a repeat of Graham's initial misfortune from last week.

I lost a beauty yesterday when the 8lb hooklink gave way.....it certainly lead to a few choice words!!

Hopefully I'll be following in Graham's footsteps and getting a new PB on my trip later today.

Anyway, on a lighter note, if any of you lot need to wade out when mulleting, take as look at this and let me know what you think:-

Groundbait Boat

I know it's looks a bit daft, and the colours could do with being a little more subdued, but I used it yesterday and it works a treat!!

Guest sslatter
Leon Roskilly:

F A N T A S T I C

Congratulations Graham!     :)         :)         :)  

Cheers Leon!

quote:Mind you, you know that you are now hooked on mullet fishing for life now!
I think I was hooked for life after that first 2 pounder I ever caught! It is seriously addictive, no other fish comes close, does it! I was thinking earlier today that at this time of year I'd usually be thinking about "the glorious 16th", but all I can think about these days is when can I go mullet fishing again! :rolleyes::D BTW I've just come back from fishing the hour before dark at my local pontoon hotspot, and I was lucky enough to catch another fish of 3lb 4 oz, which went on one sizzling 50 yard run. Unbelievable power. Hooked it in 2 feet of water right under my rod tip. It seems to have suddenly burst into life down here. Lots of fish about. What a weekend!

All the best. :)

[ 15. June 2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

Guest sslatter

I can't believe it, it just gets better. I was lucky enough to catch the fish of a lifetime tonight- a thinlipped of 5lb 4 oz! It's all action down here at the moment. And I'm going to fish it while the going's good. I'm lucky that I'm only 5 minutes away from the river.

One for the Jersey boys, but having read the mullet threads with interest, have noticed a lot of mullet trapped in a pool at the end of Gorey harbour at low tide, and a few very large fish went by Fishermans pier last night while spinning.

Hope this is useful

B.A.S.S. member

Originally posted by Grant:

[QB] One for the Jersey boys, but having read the mullet threads with interest, have noticed a lot of mullet trapped in a pool at the end of Gorey harbour at low tide, and a few very large fish went by Fishermans pier last night while spinning.........

The chap I normally fish with when I'm over ,Chris, tells me there are a couple of REAL LUNKERS that come swimming around Gorey Harbour a lot of the time, but no one seems to be able to catch them ... from what he said, it sounded like they just come around to cruise, and drive the fishermen mad ....... I may give it a go when I'm over in August, or may be try from the rocks behind the Castle.....

Hows the bass fishing going... I'm guessing thats what you were spinning for???

Phil