still no mullet!!

manxlad

Corydoras bags his first mullet.

Landed the first mullet of the season and the first of my life last night. The fish weighed in at 3lb 10oz and was taken on a number 8 barbless with a big hunk of bread on it. :D

No pictures because I have just moved house and can't find my USB card reader at the moment.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corydoras:

Corydoras bags his first mullet.

No pictures because I have just moved house and can't find my USB card reader at the moment.  :(

USB card reader found, so here is a pic.

Posted Image

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Just to make Chippy happy at his current run of blanks .......

having fished Folkestone on Sat, and took one over 2lb and another over 4lb .... went back today for 11hours, and had 3 mackerel and a garfish ... but not a sniff of a mullet ....... ideal conditions, calm, with sun, haze, mist ..... and I'm now sporting a rather red burnt nose :rolleyes: I really must remember to invite the mullet next time!!!!!!

Does 11 hours = your blanking hours Paul???

Phil

Guest sslatter

Had 37 trips so far this season: 24 blanks and 13 fish. Never caught more than one fish in a session, but I've had two in a day twice (two different sessions). Having spotted an enormous bass in a certain place, I've been targetting it recently but no luck so far. Off again this evening after mullet, but it's a bit hot so I'll probably blank again. :(:rolleyes:

Fished out of Weymouth yesterday. Arrived early and took a walk around the boats? No fish rising at all. Plenty of pollack fry darting about. Off the piers loads of small pollack but no mullet?

Perhaps they were taking a day off!

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

hi all

just an update on the mullet here on the island,

plenty of fish now all over the marks, all seem to be taking freely if it is sunny and little wind all in three foot or less of water, all on floating flake.

last night 10 fish best 6lb or so, so here's hoping for a good couple of sessions over the weekend.

chippy, what is happening in jersey? hope you are are getting into bigger fish, what is the situation down there for goldens?

tight lines to all

paul...

Well, firstly to answer Phil's question, it's more like 32 blank hours, about 8 blank sessions!!

I've been taking Roger from "Floats-Direct.com" out to get his first fish, and he bagged his first one last Sunday - 3lb 13oz...of course, I blanked!!

I had my first Goldie about 6 weeks ago, but I've mostly been fishing deeper water venues as opposed to the shallower bays, so I probably won't have a serious bash for them again till August, when Phil's over, or perhaps next week when I'm off for the whole week.

It's looking good for an early morning session on Saturday though, and I think i'll be giving a favourite spot of mine a blast on Sunday with Roger.

Paul

I know its not Mullet, but still havent caught a bass on a plug this year, and last night at Bel Croute a 1lb mackeral took my plug!

So its not just you having problems catching species over here!

B.A.S.S. member