Filming Underwater

Elton

Anyone interested in underwater filming may want to keep an eye on this thread.

I've seen a few bits of footage recently and am amazed at what you can see in our waters, both inland and at sea.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Elton. I think I might get one as when we are on Scilly the water is gin clear and I have some great photos including the seals we saw when we went snorkling with them.

There were 2 white pups just playing in the kelp under us and it would have been great to video them and some of the fantastic wrasse we see.

Just need to see if it can be used more than once. My other option is to get a under water bag for my digi camera as that has video.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

In my snorkelling days I used a Canon A1 Sport (£99 then) still camera.

It was watertight to about 10 ft

Trouble is, that without very expensive underwater lighting, everything farther than about two feet away just looks blue-green. You can see that in the clip you show - the seaweeds are only red in close-up. That's a pity, because the coral reef fishes (where I used it most) are very brightly coloured, and that colour was lost unless you managed to get VERY close to the fish.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I just use the instant throw away ones and get some really nice pics for the the few pound they cost. I tend to look out for them when they are on a BOGOF offer to save even more money :thumbs:

They do the job but it would have been nice to have been able to film the seal pups the way they were rolling around each other playing, it was such an amazing experience to watch them in their natural habitat. A really large bull seal that I was taking photos of must have been camera shy as he suddenly came at me at an amazing speed knocking my legs as he sufaced :o:lol: As I ducked under to see where he was I took a deep breath forgetting about my snorkle and came up coughing out the water I had just swallowed :lol::lol:

We ended our day having a BBQ on the rocks by the St Agnes camp site, I cooked while Liam fished and the sun went down over the Altantic :)

We just love that place :love:

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

I only had a minute to spend but what I saw was some great looking underwater footage of fish being fishy. Good stuff.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Wow I want one. The only downside to it is i could imagine myself at certain points messing round with it more than actually doing any fishing, then id never complete my 09 Goals Lol

Lord, help me to catch fish so large this season, that talking of them afterwards, I have no need to lie.

That is superb :thumbs:

Indeed it is. It is interesting how close to the lens the roach have to be before the red colour of the fins is picked up.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...