Prospects for 12/01/09

pfcruleok

Dont get to go fishing as much as i use too !

Two young children and a big mortgage put an end to my over night once a week ( sitting behind Three rods )

Now i like nothing better than a bit of trotting with my pin.

It's my brithday next week and i always book a days annual leave to treat myself to a days fishing.

Usually either going to The Lower Itchen Fishery, The Royality or on the Avon at Britford.

I'm not that confident of my prospect, with regards this weather ?

Is it worth still giving it a go ? or do i get in the girlfriends good books and spend the day finishing the bathroom, i started Two years ago ?

Is this cold snap due to stay with us for next week ?

Oh and i am thinking about giving Britford a bash !

Two young children and a big mortgage put an end to my over night once a week ( sitting behind Three rods )

It's my brithday next week and i always book a days annual leave to treat myself to a days fishing.

Usually either going to The Lower Itchen Fishery, The Royality or on the Avon at Britford.

Is it worth still giving it a go ? or do i get in the girlfriends good books and spend the day finishing the bathroom, i started Two years ago ?

Hey its my Birthday on the 12th!!! - aint got that day off - but will take one day sometime in mid Jan as a birthday fish!! If this weather stays the same then I'd head for the grayling waters - and they don't come much better than LIF.....

C.

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

It takes at least 2 years and 1 month to finish a bathroom off properly.Get your bait and tackle ready,set your alarm for 0730,if the weather's good go fishin,if not then(and only then)earn your brownie points and get grouting.Whatever you do,have a nice day.

Edited by wellyphant

I've never fished the Avon and only fished LIF once, but I'd have to agree with Chris P - LIF is stuffed with grayling, and they're a good bet in this cold weather. Plus there are some big ones!

Wherever you decide to go, have a good time, enjoy the (very!) fresh air and let us know how you get on :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Fed up with not catching anything trotting on the Sussex Ouse I decided after reading this thread I might treat myself and brave the two hours journey to the Lower Itchen Fishery to see if I could catch my first ever Grayling.

Then I read this page:

http://www.itchen-fishing.net/GraylingFishing.asp

Seems Grayling fishing finished on 23rd December.

Bummer, just as I was beginning to get excited.

MC

LATE EDIT: All is not lost. It's only fly fishing for Grayling that has ended it seems. Bait fishing is still possible.

You may have seen this MC, but this is the report from last year's fish-in there, a great day: http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/Itchen-Fish-t79798.html

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Many happy returns my fellow capricorns !

Chris Plumb and Andrew PI.

Got to agree with you about the bathroom wellyphant, good advice.

It now looks like the weather is easing up abit over the weekend, so i feel abit more confident.

With regards LIF Modelcitizen, get down there and give it a go. It's a lovely fishery and a great day out.

I'm off to sort my tackle out now, will let you know how i get on.

Thanks chaps.

Woke up to a very mild, wet and windy Monday morning, sounds like the idea conditions for a spot of fishing after the cold snap !

But did i go ? did i b***ox, two things put me off, the wind, have you tried trotting with braid ? and the hundreds of tons of salt being washed into the river.

Was i right not to go ?

Today would have been a better prospect i think, no wind and the salt washed through.

Did anyone else go out on the rivers on Monday ?

Woke up to a very mild, wet and windy Monday morning, sounds like the idea conditions for a spot of fishing after the cold snap !

But did i go ? did i b***ox, two things put me off, the wind, have you tried trotting with braid ? and the hundreds of tons of salt being washed into the river.

Was i right not to go ?

Today would have been a better prospect i think, no wind and the salt washed through.

Did anyone else go out on the rivers on Monday ?

Well i wimped out of yesterday(sorry Flying Tench and Rusty) but glad i made the effort to get out this morning.Four fat chub topped by a 5lb 4oz beauty all on bread flake,life just does'nt get much better. :)