Hello all. New here. Scottish Kayak/rock fisher

Jaffa

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: pics

- if you can manage a digital camera the work is 99% done for you already.

- if the UK has places like those in the US where you take in film and have a choice of getting paper prints or having them put on CD (or both) then the ones on CD are ready to post.

- if neither of the above are possible then a friend with a scanner can take a paper photo and scan it onto a PC so the pic is ready to post.

- as an absolute last resort (because of time and mailing costs) I can take a paper photo and scan it onto my PC and post it. If you have to use this option just email me and I'll send you a postal address.

With a copy of the free graphics editing application Irfanview and the web site Elton provides to hold pictures for posting here, any digital pics will be a doodle to post and you can have some fun playing with them as well.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Jaffa,thanx,i mainly do the surfcasting thing,and when territory allows,scramble around the rocks,as well,aka LBG (land based gamefishing.)i'ts an amazing place down here,alright,people from all over the world that travel here,reckon we've got it made,heaps of good fishing beaches,just about any where you go,and further up the North Island and in more tropical warm waters,there is an abundance of charter boats that do the marlin trips,some a 3-4 overnighter..and i must mention the climate,tho it's been a bit crappy the last few mths.

Yakity-Yak,thanks again for your welcome,no,you know they aren't 'flatfish',tho they like to flatten certain rugby teams.ahem...no i'm not into kayaking,not with thenews lately of a few fishos that are being harrassed down this way by huge white pointer sharks,no thanks...i'd run on the water like another well known guy,to escape,if i had to....

And hello to you,SandTiger,no, not as in that drink,but as an owner of two Shimano reels being the Stella 20000fa models.there aren't that many in NZ,as they were made for the offshore fishing scene in the tropics as in Hawaai etc,and favoured alot by the Japanese business clan,for their big yachts etc,but of course are available to anyone who want one,but they're pricey down here in NZ, at $1000 each...but worth every dollar..

[ 18. June 2004, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Stella Fella ]

Sorry to interupt. Just a quicky, just in case you are interested, I have just launched the UK's first Kayak Fishing website.

Have a look and let me know what you think, I hope that it's of help and keep coming back as I will be writing of my travels and adding to the project kayak, it'll probably end up sinking under all the weight.

First stop is South West Wales in a few weeks time.

Tight lines.

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvin,

Welcome to A.N.

Its great to have our own Kayak site here in the U.K......Congratulations on a well presented and informed site.

The project Yak will be a great help to new yak fisherman,I like the step by step approach.

If your down this way Devon,give us a call :)

WHEN I am able to post pictures,I will send you some,if you want to add them to a gallery,

our mate Jaffa may have some too

NICE JOB :cool:

Good luck.

Yakity.

Jaffa,

Hi there,get your Brownie out,

Stavinmarvin may make us famous,on his web site photo gallery,IF we talk to him nicely :D:D

Ive just taken my toupee out of the washing machine,haveing it set in the morning,ready for a photo shoot :cool:

Have you seen the site yet??

Looks very good.It will be interseting to see how much the sport grows over the next year or so.

Will be good to have tournaments over here eventually,a chance to get Yak-fisherman Together. :)

Yakity