Kayak Rigging

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ziggy,

Sorry been working so have missed the last few posts, the spray foam thing, don't do it. It soaks up water like a sponge and will become increadibly heavy. A friend bought a car and somebody had filled the sills with it, nice. They also use a similar type of foam on sailing boat rudders, another friend managed to put a hole in his below the waterline, it's been out of the water for about 5 months, he's drilled drainage holes and it's still pouring out.

You'd be much better of getting hold of some swimming woggles, the floating foam tubes that kids learn to swim with now, I've got some in the Caper just in case, get them from a seaside shop, about £1.50, they're £8 in sports shops!

You can buy inflatable buoyancy which is designed to go in each end of the canoe not sure of the costs though.

SM

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Tony,

On the seat front, I'm with Yakity, the High Back seat from OK is the business, they are built by Surf2Summit in the states and a really nice bit of kit, looking on the OK website it looks like they may be discountinuing them, so get in quick, worth every penny.

Caper is a great choice and it takes a mighty wise kayak fisherman or woman to realise just what a great yak it is...oh I have one in the garage!

SM

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Thanks for input Starvin. Is the high back rest by Ocean Kayak also known as the Ocean Kayak Comfort Pro? Also do you use the Dagger De Luxe back rest yourself (looks similar to the one on your website).

[ 03. February 2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Tony Wan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I think I can answer my own question after visiting the OK site. The Tall Back Rest looks like the one you have not the comfort pro. The Dagger deluxe looks similar to the tall back rest. Will have a look at that soon.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Picked up my yak today and it fits into my flat (Just!). Got most of the prelimary bits i need to get started but waiting on back rest to come in stock. May have a little paddle at the weekend to try it out and take it from there.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Yakity, with all these Capers might be able to have a one design category in the Tournament.

:D:D:D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X