Kayak Rigging

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Thanks for everyones input on kayaking have put a deposit down on a Caper and will be picking it up soon.

I'm after a buoyancy aid and am thinking of the Yak Koast as its a fairly bright colour and has a good pocket on there. Any recommendations for a fishing/paddling bouyancy aid. Also would a bog standard 'yellow' OK backrest suffice?

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony.

Well look at you :D

Congrats on your choice of Kayak mate.

The Caper is an outstanding Yak, and will serve you well.

The PFD Yak Koast is a very good choice.

Re the seat, its worth your while looking at the highback comfort seats.

They have a handy pocket on the back for storeing bits and bobs.

For the hours you will spend in the Yak, the extra cost will be worth it.

Please keep in touch and let us know how your getting on.

Dont fancy coming to the Tournament then ?? :D

Very pleased for you Tony, you have a great season ahead of you.

Yakity. :)

Thanks Yakity.

Can't wait to try it out. Need to get a roof rack sorted first so I can collect. I'm thinking about getting a soft roof rack which uses straps and is fed through the car windows. Only downside I can find so far is that if it rains a little water may get in :)

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Thanks Jaffa.

Based in Bournemouth, Dorset I have a variety of marks to choose from. Bournemouth bay area, Christchurch Harbour, Poole Harbour, Keyhaven area behind Hurst shingle bank and possibly some freshwater fishing on the Avon and Stour. During the warmer months I may head over to the Purbecks.

My partner wants to get one.. she's a fair weather parttime fishergirl but wants one as they still look like fun if used for 'recreational' paddling. I feel like a 'kayak guinea pig' at the moment -- my bro is interested in buying one too.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Sounds ideal kayak country, I'd guess you can always find somewhere sheltered between that lot?

I ended up getting a yak for my wife and son as well. We've had some great days out but I did notice how much my fishing time was eroded last year! Not only through daytrips and pinics with them but also mates wanting to try surfing. All good stufff though :D

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net