Crap Sticks

SPSwallow

A while ago I took out some crapsticks to try my luck with. I never used them and they were forgotten about in the garage until yesterday when I discovered them before going out fishing. They were absolutley foul and turned my stomach. So I used them. I took them to a local pond and to my surprise they actually worked! I managed a few Bream and my first ever carp! (I'm not a carp angler...or much of an angler per say tbh) No pictures though, I was on my own. They were all small anyway. Are crabsticks a common bait?

I have had a few chub on them in the past. I see no reason why they wouldnt work with other species. Only trouble is they are quite soft and could be a problem if you are fishing anywhere that crays might be present

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

I have had a few chub on them in the past. I see no reason why they wouldnt work with other species. Only trouble is they are quite soft and could be a problem if you are fishing anywhere that crays might be present

It did come off the hook quite a lot. I guess crabsticks must taste a little like Crayfish so they might be used to attract species that feed on crays.

I wonder if pike would tune into them too....lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I'm glad that you clarified that it was 'crabsticks' you used, as I was wondering how you got crap to stay on the hook :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I'm glad that you clarified that it was 'crabsticks' you used, as I was wondering how you got crap to stay on the hook :D

I suppose you could freeze it??...... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Just hook through one of the bits of sweetcorn! :yucky:

Geoff

If you have a look in a hostpital, you will find that they have different types which are identified by a number. Pick the right number and you could use a hair rig :D, pick the wrong one and you would be in it.

Whoops. I wouldn't have noticed that typo unless you said. Unfortunate one. Hehe. I guess if you're constipated enough it maybe firm enough hook. Failing that you could use a PVA bag for the log and a sweetcorn on the hook.

Edited by SPSwallow