This weekend

Houseplant

I set this weekend for a bit of fishing!! wont be going to my clubs pools due to lack of seat box and I dare not take on my clubs sections of the severn and the teme when the water is up!! I struggle with my limited river fishing knowledge when conditions are good!!

Fishing the Teme in high waters can be very productive! Don't know where you fish but generally big baits, heavy leads and suitably strong line. As you know the Teme can flow at a fair old rate.

This time of year lobworms are a good bet but I know of anglers who do well on luncheon meat and particularly bread flake and paste for chub which are at their best this time of year.

If legering I'd use at least 8lb line especially if you're in a snaggy section and I often use 10lb. Them Teme barbel sure know how to run! Fishing in close to the bank frequently produces when the water's up, or on bends (plenty of those) where rolling the lead along a crease can be productive.

I drove past the Teme near Worcester on sunday, the water's not that high and it appeared to be fining down a bit, could be good especially now the water temperature's up a bit.

Go on give it a bash, tightlines.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fishing the Teme in high waters can be very productive! Don't know where you fish but generally big baits, heavy leads and suitably strong line. As you know the Teme can flow at a fair old rate.

This time of year lobworms are a good bet but I know of anglers who do well on luncheon meat and particularly bread flake and paste for chub which are at their best this time of year.

If legering I'd use at least 8lb line especially if you're in a snaggy section and I often use 10lb. Them Teme barbel sure know how to run! Fishing in close to the bank frequently produces when the water's up, or on bends (plenty of those) where rolling the lead along a crease can be productive.

I drove past the Teme near Worcester on sunday, the water's not that high and it appeared to be fining down a bit, could be good especially now the water temperature's up a bit.

Go on give it a bash, tightlines.

it is around the powick bridge section and down towards the teme/severn meet!! I may give it a bash?!?! i will be blaming you though worms if i blank terribly!! really need a mentor to help my confidence with fishing rivers, used to as a lad and catch occasionaly but i would be devestated if I blanked now!!

I may chuck in a feeder with a big chunk of meat on the end then and have a go with the trotting whilst i wait for a bite on the old feeder!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

it is around the powick bridge section and down towards the teme/severn meet!! I may give it a bash?!?! i will be blaming you though worms if i blank terribly!! really need a mentor to help my confidence with fishing rivers, used to as a lad and catch occasionaly but i would be devestated if I blanked now!!

I may chuck in a feeder with a big chunk of meat on the end then and have a go with the trotting whilst i wait for a bite on the old feeder!!

I haven't fished that section for years.

Used to be good for big chub under the bridge but I bet the river looks totally different these days. I've heard from Allens tackle shop (Malvern Road, on the left just before you get into St. Johns if coming from Powick) that there are some good barbel in that area. Might be worthwhile giving them a bell to see how it's fishing at the moment (might get me off the hook if you blank).

Caution if using two rods, I haven't done that for a while on the Teme, you'll see why not if you get a barbel bite whilst you're float is 30 yds away!

It sounds like your river fishing confidence is the same as my still water confidence. I rarely catch much in ponds. At least in rivers the rod tip is constantly moving about which inspires me with more confidence than when not moving at all!

I've just come past the Lugg, up again and coffee coloured so the Teme will be the same (only orange). with no more rain it should be ok for the weekend though.

Tightlines

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

[quote name='Worms' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:58 PM' post='1948685

Allans Fishing Tackle

26-30 Malvern Road

Worcester

Worcestershire WR2 4LG

Telephone:01905 422107

Fax:01905 42210

Hope that helps

[quote name='Worms' date='Jan 28 2009, 04:58 PM' post='1948685

Allans Fishing Tackle

26-30 Malvern Road

Worcester

Worcestershire WR2 4LG

Telephone:01905 422107

Fax:01905 42210

Hope that helps

Yeah i know those guys well it is my local shop as im from st johns!! will pop in before i go to stock up on baits, hotspots and tips!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....