This weekend

Houseplant

Thats a cracker James how big did she go? made up for the morning and some Steve.

13lb dead on mate, on float legered smelt. Took off dragging the float towards the other end of the lake at such a rate of knots it reminded me of that bit in Jaws where the shark is pulling that jetty around! :)

Jan/Feb/March - Chub, Pike & Perch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13lb dead on mate, on float legered smelt. Took off dragging the float towards the other end of the lake at such a rate of knots it reminded me of that bit in Jaws where the shark is pulling that jetty around! :)

Had one on the river a while ago that shot the float upstream so fast it had me looking around to see if it was a wind up or someone had snagged me line :D .

Spent all day boat fishing a lake drowning sardines and trolling lures for a jack and 2 missed takes Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Wish I had stayed in bed yesterday....3 weeks into 2009 and I'm atill after my first fish :angry:

Went to a local pit which is one of the easiest places I've ever pike fished and I thought was impossible to blank at....couldn't get a single bite there for love nor money yesterday! Water was noticably up though by half a foot to a foot so that may have brought everything to a standstill

Was supposed to go Barbel fishing today but the weather forecast on saturday changed my mind so i went sea fishing last night i caught nothing, i wasted some nice deadbaits, & i threw my braid scissors in the sea, definately not one of my finest couple of hours :angry: . Im sat here now looking at a blue sky thinking i wish i was on the riverbank :lol:

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

How did you get on with the Perch Anderoo? I had friday off work and went Perching, blanked in the end and lost an absolute beast at the net :(

Went piking at dawn and blanked, half the pit had frozen and in my haste to get there i'd forgotten my jacket so nearly got pneumonia! Was home for lunch, had a couple of hours to kill around dusk so nipped to a local estate lake and had this...

13lbhalffourinafternoonqy8.jpg

happy now :)

Blanked! But my heart wasn't really in it. Nice pike, and nice perch CP!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Well I don't bother to fish weekends any more as I am fed up with pseudo fishermen f***ing up the swims. I normally would try for Wednesdays, but a friend phoned me yesterday and we are going on Monday as it is his day off!! I don't expect a lot with the swims being ruined, but I will try for some stripeys!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Wish I had stayed in bed yesterday....3 weeks into 2009 and I'm atill after my first fish :angry:

Went to a local pit which is one of the easiest places I've ever pike fished and I thought was impossible to blank at....couldn't get a single bite there for love nor money yesterday! Water was noticably up though by half a foot to a foot so that may have brought everything to a standstill

Neil i brought my run of blanks to an end with this tiny little fella but very welcome he was Greenjack003.jpg Think that i have been chasing the wrong spieces in the wrong weather/river conditions ie chub may have been a better bet,Just keep at it as the next trip may give you a the fish you are after,I was begining to think that i wouldnt catch a pike again all season.

Still at least my boat partner blanked so i had ther bragging rights if thats what you could call them,thats a monster Perch Mr Plumb :clap: bet you went home a happy bunny steve.

PS thats my blood not the Pikes

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: