Help with centrepin

XRM

just wondered if anyone on here in the Poole or general area could help me with learning to cast with a centrepin,i recently got one as a present and can only use it for margin work.

Bit far out for me....Glen or Alan Tomkins over to you two

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Don't think that you have to cast off the reel. I've never mastered the Wallis cast, being quite content to use the Avon cast. This is where the line is pulled down from above the butt and next ring up with your first two fingers. The line is released as you cast the rod.

With Peter on this one, if you need to Wallace cast beyond that then you should be using your fixed spool

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Peter Waller:

Don't think that you have to cast off the reel. I've never mastered the Wallis cast, being quite content to use the Avon cast. This is where the line is pulled down from above the butt and next ring up with your first two fingers. The line is released as you cast the rod.

This is the method Leon taught me over the Xmas period. it took me 5 or 6 minutes to get the hang of it and about 10 minutes to feel comfortable with it.... and I am still striking at phantom roach in my sleep!

I hope Leon reads this - I cant' describe just how much fun that session was.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• 5 years later...

Hello all..

thats were my new reel comes in to play as i got an origanal stanton pre adcock stanton.

its in mint condition and glides like a bird.

also it twists round to allow casting. maybe stanton only made 1 or just a few every 1 i spoke to has never seen them b4 a true gem.

leelaura44@hotmail.com email me ill send you some pics of it.

Hello all..

thats were my new reel comes in to play as i got an origanal stanton pre adcock stanton.

its in mint condition and glides like a bird.

also it twists round to allow casting. maybe stanton only made 1 or just a few every 1 i spoke to has never seen them b4 a true gem.

leelaura44@hotmail.com email me ill send you some pics of it.

Why not just start your own thread and post the pic's of your reel, I'm sure there are several forum members who would like to see it out of curiosity sake ?

tigger mate he did (actually 3 posts at least ,he just hasn't checked back on it) if he had he would of found out all he needs too know .

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...t&p=3178256

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve