These Forums Are Not Indicative Of Opinion

Elton

It seems though that all these organisations fade away after they shoot themselves in the foot by doing the three main things their previous contenders did,namely not to get their PR right and actually let the average angler know what they are doing,not to find out what the average angler wants them to do in the first place and lastly totaly alienate the majority of those that would help and support them by instantly dismissing them or their veiws!

Here Here, could not agree more.

Its still got that feeling of them (AT) and Us (Normal anglers) a bit like a government Quango that does not really know what is going on in the real world.

Edited by Simon Fell

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've joined the AT because I want to continue to support the work of the ACA. But people have to make their own minds up, bullying people into changing their opinion won't help and will probably achieve the opposite effect. Tact and diplomacy is a better way to reach people :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I would rather not have my views communicated if we as anglers are represented by person's such as you :angry:

If you ignore the amount of threads/views and opinions that expressed in this one forum alone!

Then you really should stand down from your position in the Trust

The trouble with angling bodies in the past is that are only represented a small minority of anglers

mostly Match anglers

The vast numbers of anglers are pleasure anglers until an angling body is set up and can communicate with them, then it is all of a nothing really as far i am concerned.........

but thats just my OPINION :D

Smudger, you illustrate my point perfectly, because I post in a "Pro Angling Trust " manner, your "opinion" is I somehow represent them! er, well no, I do not mate,.

Just because it is posted on an internet forum does not make it fact, opinions are just that , opinions, and from my experience of angling forums, usually ill informed opinions,

So the question remains, just how accurate and informed are the anglers opinions that post on internet forums?

The more I read on them, the less convinced I am of their worth.

Budgie, well old mate, what I ALWAYS suggest, and it is only a suggestion, is this;

Contact Angling Trust directly and get the official view/answer /reply, because internet forums are a very dodgey place to get the facts IMO of course!

PS, Gozzer (John) I am only as tenacious and "bulldog like" as the Naysayers, the difference is, I use the facts to offer debate, sadly, most anglers think their opinions are the facts.........ask Smudger.

Edited by Bob Bradford

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

I've joined the AT because I want to continue to support the work of the ACA.

I've joined because they will "stand up for anglers who are banned from fishing a particular venue for any reason". Quite a few people are trying to erode my rights to fish freely from a boat at sea.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I, my 28 year old son and his 4 year old son, have joined because in this order;

I wish to leave a lasting legacy for all anglers, a legacy of proper ,powerful representation in Parliament, we have this already, but it is all about numbers from here in, as to just how powerfully we are represented.

My son joined after reading the mandate on the Angling Trust website........much like Elton, he is willing to pay £20 and see what he will get back for his small investment.

My Grandson joined because I paid his £5 membership fee, I want him to have the right to fish British venues as I have over the years.

I am a match angler .....not an anti-Christ!!!]

The thing to really understand is that the Angling Trust is not yet the organisation that it will become.

The organisation that it does eventually become will depend upon the number of anglers who do sign up, and (perhap more importantly) those that get involved.

The future direction of the AT is yet to be written by those who do join and get involved.

(Unfortunately the future of the Angling Trust (and indeed the future of UK Angling) might in fact be determined by those that stand on the sidelines, waiting to see what happens. :( )

Oh! And those that whinge that that it's futile to join an organisation with the intention of making a difference.

An organisation is a just collection of individuals.

The individuals who are responsible for management and policy, are people who at some time decided to join.

I've found that it works for me!

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Budgie, well old mate, what I ALWAYS suggest, and it is only a suggestion, is this;

And this of course is the same old problem! AT needs to be contacting us! they need to be winning our support! they need to be telling us what they are doing! Expecting people to do the initial leg work is both very nieve and somewhat arogant!

Yes they definately do need someone for that new position of communication/marketing or what ever!

Heres a feebie for you though AT if anyone "official" is looking in to see what the "non indicative opinion" is,

1. Do something that is clearly positive,constructive and good for angling.

2. Get a few million cheap but cheerfull in your face AT badges (pin on ones to save lazy anglers having to sew)!

3. Give some of these to anglers from all disciplines that actually spend time with other anglers be it a match angler on the bank at all his local opens,a well known carper who gives slide shows,a casting instructer in fact anyone who rubs shoulders and actually talks to real every day anglers.

4. The "sales speil"from these reps is simple "seen my new badge" !never heard of them says potential member!" "Ah they are the people who did [names,describes act carried out as in stage 1]" "oh! didnt know about that thats good init?"

5. Give freebie badge to "new recruit" and off he goes of and the process is repeated "pyramid" style!

Now it seems to me that all of those steps are dead easy ...............................but the first one and thats the real crunch!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

The individuals who are responsible for management and policy, are people who at some time decided to join.

I wish I could believe that Leon.

"The individuals who are responsible for management and policy" are sadly often the people who formed an organisation to promote their veiws/opinion.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Smudger, you illustrate my point perfectly, because I post in a "Pro Angling Trust " manner, your "opinion" is I somehow represent them! er, well no, I do not mate,.

Just because it is posted on an internet forum does not make it fact, opinions are just that , opinions, and from my experience of angling forums, usually ill informed opinions,

So the question remains, just how accurate and informed are the anglers opinions that post on internet forums?

The more I read on them, the less convinced I am of their worth.

Contact Angling Trust directly and get the official view/answer /reply, because internet forums are a very dodgey place to get the facts IMO of course!

PS, Gozzer (John) I am only as tenacious and "bulldog like" as the Naysayers, the difference is, I use the facts to offer debate, sadly, most anglers think their opinions are the facts.........ask Smudger.

Don't you think you get YOUR facts right

before spouting off. Where have i said that my opinion are FACTS :angry: there are just my opinions

and i am entitled to air them on this public forum until the owner say's otherwise

If you think internet forums are not worth a damm and are dodgy......

Then why the hell are you posting on this one and others. :angry:

Me smells a troller <_< i am sure the Angling Trust must cock a hoop over your methods of drumming up support :o talk about alienating your core target group..keep up the good work

you might end up as the trusts president. :D

concentrate for the moment: feel. don't think.