Life Time Warranties

Caddis

I have had no problem with my greys warranty, though I've just cracked my 11' 3" soon find out........ my sage river rod was replaced but did take a couple of months, due to going through a third party,ie. the importer/wholesaler (waited until he had a number of rods to ship).

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

Blimey.. there seem to be a lot of broken Greys rods out there.

[ 05. October 2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Graham X ]

That is probably more indicative of there simply being a lot of Greys rods out there, rather than any general problems with the rods

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

quote:

Blimey.. there seem to be a lot of broken Greys rods out there.
just as there are dead Dyson cleaners in every dump and at every car boot ,cost doesent always mean quality

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Greys seem to be a good rod for their cost, relatively cheap and the warranty too....mine served three hard years, and to be honest was used a lot. Also I tend to abuse rods (long casts with 3 droppers =18 feet between top fly and point, 11 ft rod from boat =over extended bend at tip (and quite a few good fish lost on the point!))

I would use my greys in preference to my sage, both 11-3, 5wt. as the greys is stiffer and faster which also would mean slightly more brittle blank but it has survived as long as any other rod. (as I said earlier I'm hard on rods, I tend to break at least one a year)

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

Yup, Orvis are 'the real deal' when it comes to rod replacement - send it off & back it comes all fixed - no charge whatsoever!

Re: Dyson - Hmmm looks like sometimes you pays good money & gets a pile of poo! I've fixed so many mains leads & switches on the things that I can get e'm open without breaking them now!

Plus there's a few people in Wales and Wiltshire who think the sun does not shine out of the mans nether regions and that he 'plays the grant game' far too much. How many factories have we funded for him in 'rural' area's only for him to up sticks once the grant ends and move production elsewhere?

And as for 'inventing' cyclones for cleaning stuff - for gods sake... used thus hundreds of years before he strapped one on a 'hoover'.

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Toggle:

Yup, Orvis are 'the real deal' when it comes to rod replacement - send it off & back it comes all fixed - no charge whatsoever!

Re: Dyson - Hmmm looks like sometimes you pays good money & gets a pile of poo! I've fixed so many mains leads & switches on the things that I can get e'm open without breaking them now!

Plus there's a few people in Wales and Wiltshire who think the sun does not shine out of the mans nether regions and that he 'plays the grant game' far too much. How many factories have we funded for him in 'rural' area's only for him to up sticks once the grant ends and move production elsewhere?

And as for 'inventing' cyclones for cleaning stuff - for gods sake... used thus hundreds of years before he strapped one on a 'hoover'.

Tog

Just imagine all the dog crap rats pee etc walked in on the street, onto the carpet etc. vacced up and handled by you.... give me bags anyday...I used to repair vacs too, always used gloves and had booster shots every 6 months!

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

the orvis reels must be good there (the brit ones) are made with the old Intrepid machinery :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm not meant to be fixing the bloody vacs!

Just as being the 'Mr Fixit in residence' in my factory everbody brings me their 'dead stuff' for 'resurection'

Tog

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.