New Look Rod Licence Brings Benefits To Anglers

Anglers' Net

Quite frankly I dont believe you MJ! Sounds like one of those dodgy fishermans tales to me!

I can believe the scissors used as a ledger weight but you actually saw an EA baillif?! come on man pull the other one! :D

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, well he said he was and flashed a card at me!! I was 12/13 at the time so who really knows!! but it was along the teme and severn by where they meet, there is something along the lines of 4 clubs' waters stretched along that part and it gets quite busy............ i have seen one since when walking around the water but i do not have the confidence to fish rivers anymore :2:

Edited by mjbarnes12
wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

:offtopic:

Secondary - what the hell would be wrong with a carp being on the card?!?! I find it quite pathetic that people who do not find modern carping methods and the people who employ them to their taste mocking an entire species :thumbdown: !! it is not my cup of tea however if it wasnt for carp i wouldnt enjoy my fishing as much!! I am not overly enthused about piking but i do not say silly, childish things like 'i would not buy the license if there was a pike on it' - 'those silly pikers dont know anything about REAL fishing'

Rant over!!! :P:boxing::black_eye:

Still :offtopic:;)

They might as well put carp on the licence...............they've put them everywhere else. :angry::P

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Exactly my point --------- why shouldn't they have put them everywhere else??

It's been discussed many, many times on here. If your serious about the question, I suggest that you do a search on the subject. :)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It's been discussed many, many times on here. If your serious about the question, I suggest that you do a search on the subject. :)

John.

I know :D i just cant get my head around why people would be that petty as to say, 'well they may aswel put a carp on it' :headhurt:

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

I know :D i just cant get my head around why people would be that petty as to say, 'well they may aswel put a carp on it' :headhurt:

Sarcastic? maybe. Realistic? definitely. Petty? never. ;)

John.

I read this thread from start to finish because it interested me - coming from a print background.

It's obvious that the cheaper unit cost of production retains more of the licence fee for EA work. That's fine until those funds are vired off to subsidise other EA commitments.

In the years I've been fishing, I've seen an EA officer once - that was at Home Farm in Alsager when I was fishing with DavyR. In conversation, the bailiff said there are 3 EA officers covering the whole of Chesire, Lancashire, Merseyside and North Wales. This is in spite of the EA FIshing licence admin centre being in Warrington as well as other EA functions being based there.

I feel privileged to have met an EA officer under the circumstances!

As for the design of the coarse licence, I think it's great - after all, everyone's first fish was most likely a suicidal fingerling perch throwing itself on to a baited maggot - quite apart from which they are a beautiful species to look at.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

How much are the barstewards going to rip us off for this year? Extra cost for fancy cards and pictures?

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!