Syndicates are they a good or bad thing

Tony 1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of thoughts/comments on syndicates and clubs-

Most syndicates do not make a profit/have spare funds.The annual rent for the venue being divided between the syndicate,where a clubs income exceeds its out goings.So where does the "greedy" syndicate thing come in?

"Open to all fishing" lets get real eh? I have said it before what is more restrictive,a syndicate where you have to wait for a vaccancy or a club that restricts its members to a catchment area?

It is a sad fact that all waters need to be controlled.Without control these waters are open to abuse from the idiot minority.

Why should people expect to be able to fish where ever they want without contributing to the up keep of the water?

I have heard many people in the Midlands complaining about "their" local day ticket stretch being taken over by the BAA and this stopping them from fishing there.The fact that not only purchasing a BAA ticket would open up much more water to them PLUS over the course of the season give them cheaper fishing on "their" water,seems to escape them!

"Open to all fishing" would work if all water was controlled by one body.This would have to be funded by some one though and the most obvious people to fund it would be the people using it,ie anglers.They would in turn have to pay a fee to this body and be members of it.So The Angling Club of Great Britain would be born.To make this viable every angler would have to be a member.

Think about what I have just written.Look at what we pay for a EA licence and at how many dont pay and you will soon see that "open to all" will never be.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hey Jeepster,

Who exactly are you? No don't answer that because I'll only get another identity.

Hazelford? Watch the stretch below the white water and watch out for more rumblings in the Upper Trent. Watch for certain stretches on the Kennet and one on the Teme. Watch the threads on all sites started by the usual suspects concerning litter. Threads that are started for ulterior motives. These types of threads have been rumbling along for around six months now.

Big Hole? Well, that’s rich. Like I said previous open to all campaigners have now seated themselves comfortably in the seats of a syndicate. Double standards or what??! Have not regular members now lost their fishing because of this action? Members that have never broke a fishery rule in their lives??

But there’s a whole lot more to this than meets the eye. More that will be coming out in the months ahead. Then we shall see if I'm digging a "hole" or not or whether concerned anglers have been right all along. Of course I will continue to speak out when I feel it’s prudent or relevant as the little gang of bullies won't even come close to intimidating me.

AND!! I keep on getting private emails from very dodgy sources either asking if I want "their" help to post subversively on internet sites in an anonymous way so they can "help" me out!!! What do these people think I am? As barmy or gullible as they are??? See what I mean? These idiots will stop at nothing to try and discredit me because I'm on their trail and they don’t like anyone who might stand up to them!! A couple of these "helping" idiots have even been emailing me from their places of work on company email addresses!! Wonder what their MD's are going to say when I speak to them on Monday morning!!?

Of course there is much we can't say due to having to wait for events to unfold. We knew well in advance of any announcement concerning the Hazelford issue. But believe it or not, the white water pegs at Hazelford are not the main issue as far as we are concerned!!

Hole digging? Excavations were actually started over two years ago and definitely not by us I should add. So let’s call a "spade" a shovel for now shall we but bear in mind what I say here and now. Because as sure as apples are apples, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

And Peter,

I remember being told once before that I was in a hole concerning my opinion on the state of angling politics in the UK. Well it wasn't me that made the CS leave SAA or me that made the NFA talk about leaving the NAA. Or, wasn't me that started the ultimate collapse of the NAA. Others did all that entirely on their own. I merely forecast these events and got castigated for them at the time as I recall. I was "in a hole" then as well!! And regarding the CS leaving SAA, I forecast that one to Mr Richardson easily two years ago!!

So if it's a hole that I'm supposed to be in, my critics must surely be up there somewhere in a spaceship as they assume that everyone can't see what’s going off!!

Frankly Peter, I thought you were sharper than that.

As I said on another thread now locked, I and others are passionate about keeping “present” open to all fishing OPEN so loyal club anglers can retain their fishing. Now if that doesn’t sit well with others with a different agenda in mind then that’s just tough. Because we are openly opposed to club anglers loosing their fishing to selective syndicates and our opposition is here to stay.

Regards,

Mole in the Hole.

I must agree with Lee on this one and the local anglers I know who can no longer fish there who are obviously not included in the "whole deal". I've fished the stretch on and off since the mid 1980's, not so much nowadays but I've sent a lot of people there to catch their first Trent barbel.One lad I sent there had seventeen fish on his first night. It really is a shame it's gone but what disturbs me more is what's to come.

Hey Lee, you are, it seems, blaming me for all sorts of ills.

The whole 'hole' issue, on this thread, arose with your admission that you had bought a length of your beloved river. An issue that you appear to have tactfully avoided, or atleast skirted around.

Believe me, if I didn't have a bit of waterfront then I would be keen to do the same for myself, so you don't need to justify it to me.

I don't turf people off my 'private' fishery, don't, won't and never will, unless they are doing a Peter Collins impression. It is just a means of providing me with access and moorings for my fishing. I certainly didn't buy it to deprive others of their angling. I would imagine that your attitude would be similar to mine in that respect. But that's as maybe!

You have been a knight in shining, pristine white armour over the matter of 'open' fishing, worth an MBE at least. And then you trot out that you have bought your own private fishery!! Now come on Lee, who is not being very sharp here?!! A 'hole' or what? Me, I view it with great glee! I was quite looking forward to the correspondence on that one. Bit like Mr Blair sending his kiddy-winkies to private school!

Someone has to buy these things, and rather you than many people or clubs that I could think of. So, no critiscism from me on that one.

But nevertheless, a 'hole' of magnificent proportion and you have let me down!

Re the other matters that you mention as possible 'hole' material. Not one of those issues had I seen in that light, not one!! Re the NAA, that really has gone has it? Gone! It was never here was it?

come on lee, last year you were gloating about having your own stretch of the trent, on which you planned to set up a 'very exclusive' syndicate, now you're trying to become mr man of the people championing fishing for all. surely you can see why people are accusing you of hypocrisy.

and whats all that about getting another identity?

its not too difficult to find out who i am, just ask me, my name is jon gilbert, several of the regular members of this forum know who i am and where i live, so don't try and give me grief about that.......

your ramblings are becoming increasingly more paranoid and full of conspiracy theories, time to either cut out the drugs, or increase the dose, i'm not sure which.

Don't think that its drugs Jeepster! By suggesting it you are invoking the wrath of Khan, or atleast of the great Emporer Ming!

Hypocrisy, double standards or whatever, I'm not so sure. Lee has not taken a fishery away from another club, has he? He isn't depriving others is he? If he hadn't bought it then who would? Hopefully he has not deprived an open membership club from owning it, has he?

There is not an easy answer to this one, but I do see where you are coming from, and am inclined to agree with you. But then I don't know all the facts. But if someone offered me a nice bit of fishing, and I had the money then I would be tempted, wouldn't you?

I suppose, in an ideal world, Lee would have bought the land and then created a public fishery. But why should he? Bit like opening up his garden to picnickers!

of course i would be tempted, i have no problem with lee owning fishing rights, its just that to gloat about opening his own exclusive syndicate, then attack others for doing the same thing reeks of double standards. i dont think the fact he hasn't taken fishing away from others is relavant really, if indeed he hasnt. who is to say people havent fished that stretch unofficially for years, if its any good i'm sure they have........

I think the issue is a simple one, has a syndicate deprived a club of the fishing rights that it, the club, had previously held. If Lee's syndicate has done that then he is out of order, big time, major league stuff. If any syndicate has done that, without the agreement of the club in question, then that syndicate deserves all the criticism that it gets, and more.

For one 'open membership' club to deprive another is bad enough, but when a 'selfish', non open syndicate takes a club's water away then I support Lee's stance 100%, and more.

If the water that Lee has taken was not a club water then I have an open mind.

But as to the gloating factor, I agree with you, no arguement!