Julian At Top Pool

Elton

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note, Julian was at it again last night (oooh eeerrr) by bagging a mighty beast of 20lb 10oz from the Main Lake this time :D

Can anyone stop this carp catching machine ?? :D

top angling Jules :D will see you tomorrow night

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Hi all,

Yep. Snuck another last night at 20lb10oz. Set up in the shallows on the Top Pool but they were all spawning like mad. Had a walk around the lake to see if I could spot any in the margins but most were joining in with the frivolities.

As I walked back around the lake I spotted a few fish at the top of the shallows on the Main Lake. Closer inspection revealed a few carp that were all following each other around but looked as if they could be more responsive to a bit of food.

A pouch of hemp and a worm later and matey was on the bank! Fourth 20+ in a week!

Pic below was my first attempt using self-timer with my new digi.

20lb10oz_2.jpg

Julian :D

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Snuck an overnighter last night. Had a 7lb tench of the Main Lake and lost two *good* fish overnight from the Top Pool shallows. :(

Joe was on for a few hours last night and had better luck, taking a couple of the sprat pack and Crinkle Tail (common) at 19lb 8oz. Joe took them off the top and they were his first fish from the water – well done mate.

Think the landing technique needs some more work though. :D

Julian

Julian matey, tell every one about your little wading escapade in the night :D:D:D:D:D (obviously when your on line! )

really tho the guy is taking the place apart :) just hope he leaves a fish for me next week :D

Congratulations, Julian. Cracking catches! :)

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Chesh:

... just hope he leaves a fish for me next week   :D  

Gosh Chesh - don't ya'll usually put them back after you catch them?

Julian - what in the world are you doing?

:D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Fished the Top Pool again at the weekend, conditions were terrible. One minute it was sunny and bright, the next it was blowing a gale and rain moved in for the session. However, we still managed to get amongst them; Chris had been on for a few days already and having taken Crinkle Tail at 19lb a few days previous, then took another two mirrors!;

This early morning cracker at 17lb

Chris17.jpg

Then this one a couple of hours later at 18lb 8oz

Chris18.8b.jpg

Top angling Mate!

I lost one on Saturday morning then made up for it in the afternoon. This 15lb 12oz mirror was stalked from the margin whilst it was pouring with rain and blowing a gale!

Ju15.12.jpg

Rich (Chesh) also lost one on Saturday morning which also looked a good fish :( (saw it from my swim). Unlucky mate, next time, eh?

Julian

next time indeed matey :D was well and truly gutted to lose it but still thats carp fishing for you :(

Superb results for the chaps tho, and to see two Top Pool fish on the bank in the weekend was great to see :D well and truly grabbed me by the nads now that lake has :D

See ya'll soon for some evening stalking sessions, when the weather improves that is (chesh got a bad cold)