A Dad in need of help

JimothyJimJaroo

Hi all. New to site and fishing in a way too. Have fished and caught crabs in Australia (blue i might add not medical.) Big fan of Keith Arthur's show on talk Sport and enjoying Robson Greenes show at moment too. Heres the thing my seven year old daughter wants to go fishing and camping. I have a limited budget and no real idea of what to do. I require a fishing lake that has accomodation, rod hire and a little bit of coaching too for me, meg, and possibly my 62 year old mother who now would like to go but also hasnt fished a day in her life. Did the usual of web search fishing and camping holidays, found chequertree in kent but no rod hire. Please help fraternally yours JJJ

Hi and welcome to Anglers Net.

Roughly where do you live and what sort of accommodations are you wanting?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Someone likes Robson Green, arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

That aside, welcome and where do you live. Plenty of suitable places in Norfolk & Suffolk where I live but not much use if you live beyond civilisation in outer Yorkshire or wherever!

Hi all. New to site and fishing in a way too. Have fished and caught crabs in Australia (blue i might add not medical.) Big fan of Keith Arthur's show on talk Sport and enjoying Robson Greenes show at moment too. Heres the thing my seven year old daughter wants to go fishing and camping. I have a limited budget and no real idea of what to do. I require a fishing lake that has accomodation, rod hire and a little bit of coaching too for me, meg, and possibly my 62 year old mother who now would like to go but also hasnt fished a day in her life. Did the usual of web search fishing and camping holidays, found chequertree in kent but no rod hire. Please help fraternally yours JJJ

Here's a listing of Kent waters http://www.go-fish.co.uk/kent.htm where i see one or two are holiday parks. As for tackle hire, I've never come across this for freshwater fishing so you might have to consider buying a couple of outfits. Lidl have a fishing tackle sale on the 9th - basic gear but dead cheap.

Someone likes Robson Green, arghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
If it is turning people on to fishing, don't knock it.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Thanks for the welcome notes. We are in the posh part of Chatham Kent lol. We have tents so no probs there. Can get basic rods etc if need be, have just found a tackle and bait shop just up the rod for advice as well never noticed it before .

Will look into and take further tips from your good selves and will let you know how it all went. Ill post pics if thats allowed of anything caught even if it is a cold.

Hi and welcome...we are a friendly and helpful crowd here.

Don't know where you are, but Cheshire Fishing in Tattenhall have a series of lakes which are ok to learn on and hire out coarse tackle. They also have a trout lake.

They don't allow camping on site, but there are a few sites nearby - and the gogeous countryside and abundant activities around the Chester area if it turns out that

angling isn't a full time passion for your daughter - although we hope it is. One thing I'll say about Cheshire fisheries - and angling in general, is that people are only

too happy to offer help and advice.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

If you're taking a kid rudd-bashing (oh, how some will cringe at that term ;)), then something like this may be worth buying. It's cheap, simple and would be ideal for small fish.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE