Tainted baits

Neal

Hi all, long time no type :P I was wondering what peoples views were on baits being tainted by such things as sunscreen, insect repellent etc. I am off to france next friday and sunscreen and repellent are a must (30 degrees :D:D ) and mozies the size of dragon flies :mad: :mad: . I do not want to cover myself in all this gunk only to taint the baits I am using. Any ideas on this one? I am sure squire Gaffer will know :D How you doing buddy?

Free plastic gloves from garages when handling your bait? Why take the chance?

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

I was wondering the same thing. Here is what I posted in a differnt thread....

Now I've been thinking, the only night I've caught carp this season was the one where I didn't use any repellant.

Does anyone reckon that having this stuff on your fingers could taint a bait enough to put a carp off?

I mentioned this to a non fishing mate and he thought I was losing the plot.

Am I?

HB.

No mate. You're on the right track IMO.

Me and a friend have this thing where we noticed that we always blanked if we had a turd before we went out on the bank.

Weird.

I would recommend using a mosquito SPRAY and a Sun Screen SPRAY that way ur not tainting your hands. After application of each spray, just give your hands a good wash in some wet or dry mud.

PS. Add some lavender oil in your mozzie spray. Only thing i've ever found to keep em away mate and i've been all over the world

[ 04. July 2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Woodzzz ]

There was a thread on the Coarse forum about mozzies a couple of weeks ago.

Someone was saying that if you take a Vitamin B1 tablet (100mg) every day then you dont get bitten. I've not tried it myself.

Another one was 'Avon Skin so Soft' moisturiser that has a non-tainting effect.

if your going to the south of france ignore the mozzies its VERY tiny black coloured flies thats the worst ,i thought i had been stung by a hornet sized wasp but it was one of those little flies oooouuuch :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Woodzzz:

No mate. You're on the right track IMO.

Me and a friend have this thing where we noticed that we always blanked if we had a turd before we went out on the bank.

Weird.

Having seen the way fish attack dog crap when its in the water I can only assume they take offence at the soap you use when washing your hands after.

Woodzzz:

I would recommend using a mosquito SPRAY and a Sun Screen SPRAY that way ur not tainting your hands. After application of each spray, just give your hands a good wash in some wet or dry mud.

PS. Add some lavender oil in your mozzie spray. Only thing i've ever found to keep em away mate and i've been all over the world      

And of course remember never to touch the areas treated for any reason or you will have poluted your fingers again!

[ 05. July 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Neal:

Hi all, long time no type    :P   I was wondering what peoples views were on baits being tainted by such things as sunscreen, insect repellent etc. I am off to france next friday and sunscreen and repellent are a must (30 degrees   :D   ) and mozies the size of dragon flies    :mad:   . I do not want to cover myself in all this gunk only to taint the baits I am using. Any ideas on this one? I am sure squire Gaffer will know    :D   How you doing buddy?

I wouldn't worry about it Neal, those carp are used to the B-B-Q aroma that follows you around by now!! LMAO!! :D:P:D

Seriously, I'm always washing my hands with lake water to rid them of any scents - do you remember that I kept asking to borrow your towel?!

Thanx for all the replies, will use gloves and wash hands in lake. Gaffer my bivvie still smells of that bar b q!!!!