Freedom of speach

five bellies

Free Speech is a myth in this country.....................Get used to it!

is a censure on a provocative piont of view good law or an infringement of your freedom to express your self ?

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thats why i changed moslem to asian.difficult to use arab types is pakistan arabic? its where most f our "M"'s come from it seems

if a black guy touched my mrs in a pub and i attacked him outside it would (according to the media highlighting) be a racist (infact colour predudice) attack ,better headlines ,easier to convict apon.(and vice versa)

if the pub was dark so i couldnt see he was black (so it couldnt be a racist /colour punchup) it would be the same outcome

if it were a white bloke it would be just a fight or "misunderstanding" and probably not make the paper at all.

when you mention a colour or race or religion ,it makes better media whether or not it had racist ,colour or religeous overtones behind it at all.

if you want to be specific blame pakistan and saudi arabia ,but you wont get far they are our friends :D

all religions are multicultural ,religion is a choice not a place ,hence i changed moslem to asian to avoid the gripers on here picking on the "M" word :D but the "A" word got picked on instead.

"protests" are in the main the same "types" of people but less scrupulous types get involved for their own agenda it maybe just a punchup or chucking bricks about or the opposite side infiltrating making there adversaries look bad so a "protest" is never with one voice as it were.probably in the mentioned thread only half were using their faith as a sword some may just not like the wests involvement outside the west ,some may want a better deal with the west but they tend to get shouted over by the extremists waving the banners with the loud voices.

it becomes in the press a anti soldier attack not a general anti west attack using soldiers as an excuse to stage it knowing the press will be there

Im not sure Chesters,

Useing one of the Republican Irish attacks on the British main land as an example, an asian shop keeper was killed I think he was the only non Europian victem, in all that Carnage was his death a racist attack and all the others just boring old Murder, Of course not.

Your example is amusing but wont stand up! If race is a factor in the attack, or is what preciptated the attack then its racialaly motivated,if not it isn't would the black guy who touched your wife be guilty of a racial attack because he touched your white wife ? ( I have made the assumption that your wife is white)

the whole piont of a protest is an agenda! if not all you would have is a group of poeple turning up shouting and screaming achieving nothing then going home A bit like Tottenham fans :D

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Surely this kind of acceptance of other people's values and beliefs occurs in other countries? Wouldn't a group of white British christians be able to chant 'burn in hell' to Taliban 'freedom fighters' marching through the streets somewhere in Helmand province without being politely asked to be quiet by the local police force/militia? :crazy:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Surely this kind of acceptance of other people's values and beliefs occurs in other countries? Wouldn't a group of white British christians be able to chant 'burn in hell' to Taliban 'freedom fighters' marching through the streets somewhere in Helmand province without being politely asked to be quiet by the local police force/militia? :crazy:

Poor chioce of Country, Being tounge in cheek we are doing exactly that in Afgahnistan an act that I support.

the fact that your arguement holds a degree of truth brings up a couple of pionts either we have it wrong or an intollerant backward country has it right.

انا آكل كل الفطائر

Poor chioce of Country, Being tounge in cheek we are doing exactly that in Afgahnistan an act that I support.

the fact that your arguement holds a degree of truth brings up a couple of pionts either we have it wrong or an intollerant backward country has it right.

The word compromise springs to mind.................hmmmm.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

IMHO this whole situation is CAUSED by the human rights bill.

To be able to stand in a crowd welcoming soldiers with signs calling them butchers and murderers is a sign that they have no respect whatsoever for this country.

I am afraid if they are so against this country, then why don't they LEAVE!!!

If the government wanted to tell them this, these big mouthed antigovernment individuals would IMMEDIATELY cite the human rights bill to force the government to keep them here!!!

They will fight tooth and nail, citing that they will be killed in that country!!! And they attack US!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

IMHO this whole situation is CAUSED by the human rights bill.

To be able to stand in a crowd welcoming soldiers with signs calling them butchers and murderers is a sign that they have no respect whatsoever for this country.

I am afraid if they are so against this country, then why don't they LEAVE!!!

If the government wanted to tell them this, these big mouthed antigovernment individuals would IMMEDIATELY cite the human rights bill to force the government to keep them here!!!

They will fight tooth and nail, citing that they will be killed in that country!!! And they attack US!!!

A piont of view that that has some merit IMO, exept I suspect some of those men are as British as me so where will they go?

the Human rights act is in its self not a bad thing, and no more obstructive to the legal system than the American Bill of rights is to Americans. I am sure without having to dig too deep or too hard offences where being commited by that crowd of men. the only problem is they will proberly only be minor public order offences and it will be claimed that it would not be in the public interest to pursue a prosecution.

Maybe just ignoring them is the awnser as they have had more news copy than they diserve already.

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I find the actions of these people distasteful in the extreme....

But:

I read with interest that the protestors had aplied to hold a demonstration and that that aplication had been granted by the police.

Presumably, the application would have gone right to the top at the Home Office before being approved because there's no way that some local plod is going to sign off something like that without covering his arse.

That being the case, I'm forced to conclude that whoever agreed the protest had the political nouse to realise that there would inevitably be some degree of disturbance and a subsequent media forore.

So what possible motive could there be for allowing the protest to go ahead ?

Well:

It's a perfect opportunity to monitor the communications of what will undoubtedly be a thoroughlly infiltrated organisation as they respond to an opportunity to make a public gesture.

It's a nice photo opportunity for getting mugshots of the organisations usual suspects.

It primes the British public to accept a further limitation of civil liberties either targetted at a specific (I don't need to name them) minority or more generally.

Knowing that the press will be preocupied with the story for two to thre days after the event, it's a good time to hide bad news - like the fact that the pound is now at a record low against both the dollar and the euro.

Edit. I did like story of the chappie who got onto the roof of a supermarket and threw bacon at the protestors. Nice one that man.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

IMHO The human Rights Act in this country has only been used by illegal immigrants stating it would be against the act "as they would face certain death or incarceration in their country of birth, or criminals exploiting the decision ie the "slopping out" which cost us, the taxpayer, Millions!!

If there are protestors who were born in this country, they should be given the choice of staying here and shutting up about OUR soldiers or going home!

BUT.............

The Human Rights Law would not allow the government to do that!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription