CAMP SITES WITH FISHING?

Janet

Hi guys.

I'm looking for a venue for a camping trip at Easter. There'll be me and two non-fishing friends with a trailer tent.

They want nice scenery and walks....I want fishing!

Does anyone know of a decent site where we can combine all our activities? I don't intend to fish all the time - just a few hours from dawn and a few hours at dusk so that I can spend the rest of the time with my friends and not bore them stupid with my fishing obsession!

Ideally we'd like to be near a canal so we can take our boat and cruise the cut for a while, but all the sites I've found on or near to the Lancaster Canal only accept caravans.

Must be within no more than about an hours driving distance from Preston, Lancashire as we only have three days to spare and don't want to spend it all travelling!

Any suggestions?

Janet

Thanks John.

We've actually stayed at that site in the past, but the last we heard, the camp site had been closed down. If not, that would have been one of my first choices for a nice place to stay! I love the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. It's stuffed full of huge fish but we can travel for days on our boat and not see a single angler!

Janet

Never fished here Janet but it looks quite nice http://www.claylands-caravan-park.co.uk/index-2.html

Have fished here & though it gets quite busy the fishing is very good & the camp fees are cheap

http://www.wyresidelakes.co.uk/content/view/17/42/

Another one i have fished & camped at which was good is this one http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/index.htm

Hope that helps :)

Edited by 1superken

The more i practice the luckier i get :)

Hi Janet, I always carry Cades camping book in the van. I think it's about £6/7 now but it is so useful as it gives all site details and what facilities they have. Also so try the www.ukcampsites.co.uk they have a good campsite list.

I can't help on a personal note as I have not fished up there.

Have a good time

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Hi Janet,

I personally know absolutely nothing about Lancashire fishing/camping venues but I do drag this handy link out whenever someone is scratching their head for somewhere to fish: http://www.go-fish.co.uk/lancashire.htm It caters for every UK county and I've managed to find places on my doorstep in E Sussex didn't know existed. Good luck.

Thanks John.

We've actually stayed at that site in the past, but the last we heard, the camp site had been closed down. If not, that would have been one of my first choices for a nice place to stay! I love the Leeds and Liverpool Canal. It's stuffed full of huge fish but we can travel for days on our boat and not see a single angler!

Janet

That's a shame Janet, it looked good.

Have you thought of trying over the 'border', around Bank Newton, Gargrave, Skipton areas?

It should be around the distance you want to travel. I've not seen much, but will have another look.

Any trouble with the border guards, just mention my name, you'll be OK. :D

John.

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Janet if you are considering Gargreave you would do well to join Bradford City AA they have some to trout fishing water round there and some excellent coarse fishing further down the river above and below Skipton give me a bell if you want details.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan