Rod pod to go with greys prodigy rods

mr beef

Dear all,

have just purchased 3 greys prodigy rods. Has any one got any idea on wich pod i can buy so i can have the first ring infront of the bite alarm. at the mo i have an x pod plus, what i thought would do the job, but this dosnt extend long enough.

Thanks for any coments

dazler:

afternoon Beefy

If you like fox try the quatro pod extends for miles     Had one for a couple of years nice piece of kit ultra stable and if you already have the captive back lead system your laughing   :D  

http://www.foxint.com/catalogues-products....ue=1&section=16

Ditto,my 3 prodigys sit lovely on the quattro :cool: :D

Hi Mr Beef

Great choice of rod. I've had my 3.5 tc ones for 2-3 years now and are great for piking and Long distance. I was so inpressed that I bought a pair of 2.75's for normal use. Good value hard wearing rods.

I use Prodigy's (Prodigies?) with A Fox Frontier pod. Simply, stable,adjustable and reasonable. :)

have you thought of banksticks?? you can position the rods better with banksticks :D

Ive got two Prodigys and they sit great on the Steve Neville alarms and stainless :D:D as they probably would with most bank sticks and alarms :D

www.stoneyandfriends.co.uk

Quattro pod without a doubt but you try getting hold of one!!! they're like rocking horse sh!t

On the stick front have a look at the new Berkeley Carbon range goalpost style. Expensive but look brilliant.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

Mr Beef your post has me confused! Surely you can position your rod so the butt ring is which ever side of the alarm you want on any set up? :confused: :confused: :confused:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Probably using big pit reels budgie, so I think he want the butt ring to sit near side of the buzzer for added security should there be a violent take?

But as long as the front drag can be slackened off sufficiently, there should'nt be a problem?