Hi guys

Dman

hi names dave, only 20 just getting back into fishing this year after loving it when i was a few years younger before alcohol led me astray lol

last year went to tingrith in bedfordshire a couple of times and to a small river but had very little luck this year i went last week to a small private lake and caught a couple of 3 - 5 pound carp of the surface. that was it now im hooked again. problem is my rod is a heavy carp rod which im told isnt suitable for many types of fishing so a mate has a nice rod for float fishing for me, apart from that though im fishing out of my dads old kit so lots of old rubbish floats, running out of hooks, pretty rubbish reel a couple of bubble floats some shot and a massive spinner so i need to kit my self out properly. also i have alot to learn, i am very amatuer but love it. any advice on how i can get kitted up for cheap and how i can develop my knowledge and skills would be very appreciated

really sorry for the essay, thatd be the caffiene tablets

Hi Dave, I've recently bought a MAP CFS rod and reel that I'm very pleased with. They're designed specifically for fishing the commercials but will cope with most situations other than really heavy work. The combination has a list price of £100, but I got mine from a local dealers for £75. Look around and most of the big mail order outlets have some sort of deal going on them. They do a medium waggler rod for lines up to 4lb, a heavier version for 5-6lb lines, and a feeder rod for up to 8-10lb lines.

cheers mate ill look into it

need to educate myself somehow though cos i dont no what im looking for, i dont know anything really. keen to learn

anyone looking for an apprentice lol

Hi, ive recently started fishing again also from fishing about 2 years ago, now I have a half decent job I am trying to slowly build up my tackle surplus, as currently I have real budget stuff, I have just ordered an "okuma epix pro" reel as my friend has one and finds it quite good, and as for learning and increasing your fishing knowledge, I find this place an extreme help. Many people off here have helped me out alot and I have learnt alot more off this site.

Dman - if you give a hint about your location, it is very possible that some other members live near you and can help you out.

At any rate, welcome to the forum and welcome back to the fishing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President