ever had your rod licence checked?

denzil

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to show my licence in order to renew my club membership. However, apart from this, I've only been asked to show it once, by a bailiff from MKAA on the GU near to Milton Keynes.

I've bought day tickets on different waters all over the country during my camping trips and have never once been asked to produce my licence.

As earlier posters have said, it's high time that it was compulsory for licences to be produced before tickets are issued.

Janet

Guest tigger

Only been checked once and I didn't have one. I told them I'd paid the farmer and I didn't need one. The EA bailifs told me it was law to have one and there was maximum penalty of ... I think they said two grand. They said I would be better off getting one and carried on down the river. This was over 20yrs back and to be honest no one seemed to be botherd about rod lisences in those days.

I was asked once last year and once the year before, both by the same E A bailiff,This is only my forth year fishing.He has a lot of water to cover as one place was about 10 miles away from the other.

Edited by dapper64

I've been checked twice in the last 16 years. once by the bailiff who used to live about 5 miles away from the stretch I was fishing and the second time by a different bailiff while fishing a lake owned by the first bailiff :wacko:

Effort equals reward!!

As earlier posters have said, it's high time that it was compulsory for licences to be produced before tickets are issued.

Why? Does the Shell garage near you check your driving licence before allowing you to fill up?

I don't see why the onus should be on the businessman or woman. Let the Government sort out their own tax issues.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I think I last had mine checked about 20 years ago. As a kid in Norfolk I was regularly asked to show my rod licence but it slowed up and then stopped completely, and I haven't had to produce it since.

I got my nice new perchy ones in the post at the weekend :)

I am also in favour of day tickets only being sold to licence holders, but obviously this would potentially limit ticket sales and so it's unlikely to ever happen. (Although an enterprising commercial could have a PC set up so that non-licence holders could get a one-day licence online, and charge them a quid for the use of the computer!). I'm not sure it would work with season tickets unless the ticket ran from the same dates as the rod licence.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Why? Does the Shell garage near you check your driving licence before allowing you to fill up?

I don't see why the onus should be on the businessman or woman. Let the Government sort out their own tax issues.

This thread has clearly shown that there is a massive lack of baliffs actually checking peoples licence. I don't see the problem unless people actually would prefer people to dodge paying the licences. It wouldn't take a minute to check people licences whilst selling day tickets.

Rich

This thread has clearly shown that there is a massive lack of baliffs actually checking peoples licence. I don't see the problem unless people actually would prefer people to dodge paying the licences. It wouldn't take a minute to check people licences whilst selling day tickets.

Rich

Ditto driving licences. Unlicenced car drivers have the potential to do a lot more harm than unlicenced anglers. I've only ever had mine checked once, and that was after a near head-on with a police car. I don't think he was too happy :D

Why should a small businessman become an unpaid policeman? I don't get that at all.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE