Good fishing alarms and bits

RUDD

jeff@goodfishing.i12.com

There you are.

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Ant, I reckon you must have been unlucky. Most of my members at Wingham have Fox or Delkim alarms and none has moaned to me about them. Both makes have an excellent reputation for reliability.

I recommend Good Fishing for both the excellent service from Jeff and because of the exceptional value for money. What's more they're British made. Prices start at £16.95 and that includes postage! This is for the GFv which, unlike the more expensive Fox equivalent, has variable tone as well as variable volume. It also takes standard 9 volt batteries.

Like Rudd, I chose the GFs which has dual sensivity. See Rudd's post for an example of the package deals with these alarms.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

paul mc:

forgot to mention the sounder box i got was the GF4T, so cant say the GF4a i compatible with fox alarms.

The GF4a is for use with Good fishing alarms only as it has extra bits inside to reproduce the tone of the alarm that is sounding.

The GF4T is designed for use with other makes of alarm.

I set up the system on Friday night, almost blinded myself with the leds as they are bright!

The only fault I found which probably applies to other alarms with multiple outputs was that I could not plug in the illuminated bobbins if I had the mounting braket of my fox micro swingers on the pod.

My old mates STANLEY and Harry the hacksaw soon sorted that problem out!!!!!!!!

Why use swingers when you have bobbins I hear you ask?

Cause I like my swingers and have just put green solar isotopes in them. I have found the bobbins clip nicely unto the swingers and dont affect bite indication (in the garden anyway!!!!!)

Another thing I have done is tape the sounder leads.

The deal included two single 7m sounder leads.

I wrapped them round each other and used electrical tape wrapped round them both alternating about a foot apart between black and yellow tape.

The reasons are simple.

1. I could not be arsed to wrap two very flexable thin leads up every time I pack up. One single thicker cable is so much easier and wont get in a horrendus mess or tangle with things in my bag.

The same goes for seting them up, no tangling, knots etc.

2. If a tackle thief sneaks up at night they will think there is a big adder entering my bivvie and leg it before I am rudely awoken!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. If I get a run in the night I will only have one lead to trip over if I fail to spot the yellow tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

RUDD:

Another thing I have done is tape the sounder leads.

The deal included two single 7m sounder leads.

I wrapped them round each other and used electrical tape wrapped round them both alternating about a foot apart between black and yellow tape.

The reasons are simple.

1. I could not be arsed to wrap two very flexable thin leads up every time I pack up. One single thicker cable is so much easier and wont get in a horrendus mess or tangle with things in my bag.

The same goes for seting them up, no tangling, knots etc.

2. If a tackle thief sneaks up at night they will think there is a big adder entering my bivvie and leg it before I am rudely awoken!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. If I get a run in the night I will only have one lead to trip over if I fail to spot the yellow tape!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That a brilliant idea Rudd I think I will do the same on my optonics 7.5m leads as well

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/