barrows

Fishing4carp

If you mean the two-wheel jobbies, then what I saw of them at a venue a couple of weeks ago didn't impress me, mate.

The angler pushing the barrow in question was REALLY struggling across a bit of bumpy field, where I regularly watch Carp Porters trundle merrily along.

Personally, I can't see the Chub beating a 'Porter - but if you can try before you buy, give it a go and see for yourself.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

I bought the three wheel version for fishing the Nene and must admit they are very good.Lateley I've been taking somone barbel fishing with me who's recovering from a heart attack, not allowed to carry anything and it's been invaluable,two lots of gear go on it without any problem.If you do get one, get the one with the rear wheels,they're virtually effortless to push.

Obviously the the rougher it gets the harder they are to use and if you get them over at an angle when they're loaded they would tip over pretty easily.The main reason I got mine was if I had to go a mile or two to a swim with enough gear for a couple of days.I mainly use it on hard tracks or flattish grass.For this they're perfect.I wouldn't fancy pushing it far over rough ground.

This is the sort of barrow you want, absolute doddle to use on very rough bround,

Poledark

I,ve been using a version of this for 11years now and once the initial p**s taking was over most reckon it is the best they have ever seen.

20inch wheels roll over any surface with ease, it is almost impossible to tip over and all the weight is taken on the wheels, not on your arms as with a wheelbarrow type. As you can see it also has no end of other uses as well.

Den

[ 02. December 2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

For humping mountains of gear, nothing but nothing, beats yer actual builders barrow. It's got one pneumatic tyre and properly inflated it'll

outpace any other device on earth over all terain.

A bungee spider to strap your gear secure stops you getting hit over the head by your box when shoving up a steep incline as happened to me once.

Only problem, is if someone waves, you've got to put it down to wave back . It also comes in handy when it's persisting it down. You can use it to keep some of your kit dry. Trust me!

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Looks good. Not sure about it for carp fishing though.

will it fit a large bedchair between the wheels? bivvy, rucksack, holdall, water bottles, double burner, etc etc. without anything stopping the motion of the wheels.

On my barrow, everything goes on top including the rods. I would like to see it in action. looks like it would be very easy to push/pull, but not sure how it would handle a load for a 3 day session.

I really like how flat it packs away though

[ 02. December 2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: singy ]

Paul Singleton

Singhy, it was designed for long stay carping, all the "solid" stuff, i.e.rucksack,bottles, battery etc go on platform, bedchairs etc across the handles, rod holdall strapped on top, everything held with a couple of bungies, leaves hands free. On a good surface it is "one handed", I used to love strolling past fully loaded, using one hand. Stopped all the smart comments like "ices, choc ices"

I tried one wheel jobs, then tried putting the wheel further under to balance the load, all sorts of combinations but this one is the best, only thing added were the fittings to allow me to use it for polefishing,sitting on level platform.

This one has even been used on several building sites transporting bags of sand and cement over very rough ground, even up and down steps.

Only thing it does not like is STICKY clay. it builds up on the tyres, but this probably happens with all barrows.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic